T.C. Leithbridge (Mina)

Topic View: Flat | Threaded
The Drombeg Wombat
The Drombeg Wombat
85 posts

T.C. Leithbridge (Mina)
Oct 01, 2002, 21:51
This may be of interest

I've just rec'd acme mail order catalogue, and it's advetising copies of Mina cd for £12.00.
Described as private uk pressing 2001, a real rarity, promo only issue of amazing new krautrock/psych featuring members of Spiritualized & Julian Cope's band, mixed by Gary Ramon from Sun Dial. Recommended head music.

Contact details

Acme Mail Order
PO Box 138
Hastngs
East Sussex TN34 3WJ

fax: 01424 439929.

Worth contacting just for the catalogue full of vinyl & cd issues / reissues of psyche/kraut etc

Regards,

Drombeg
cHARLIE
cHARLIE
2607 posts

Re: T.C. Leithbridge (Mina)
Oct 02, 2002, 01:37
FaR oUT!
cHEERS!
cHArLIE*
The Drombeg Wombat
The Drombeg Wombat
85 posts

Re: T.C. Leithbridge
Oct 02, 2002, 16:22
Carried on looking though the acme catalogue, they also have some copies of the orignal 1992 private pressing vinyl release of TC Leithbridge(not Mina) £40.00 expensive I know but my wife's let me get a copy for wedding anniversary pressie.

described below
financed & pressed up by Julian COPE IN THE EARLY 1990'S, ONLY 250 COPIES WERE MADE BACK THEN. IT WAS VIRTUAL VANITY PRIVATE PRESS & A TOTAL PSYCHEDELIC/KRAUTROCK FREAK-OUT WHICH AT THE TIME WAS SOLD ONLY VIA MAIL ORDER. QUICKLY WITHDRAWN FROM RELEASE, THE REMAINING COPIES WERE PUT INTO STORAGE. RECENTLY COPIES OF THIS TOTALLY RARE ARTEFACT HAVE COME TO LIGHT, AND ACME HAVE PICKED UP THE REMAINING FEW COPIES TO MAKE AVAILABLE TO OUR FRIENDS. WITH ALL COPIES SIGNED BY MAINMAN, FLINTON CHALK, THIS LP IS DESTINED FOR LEGENDARY STATUS. ANYONE WHO HAS PICKED UP THEIR PROMOTIONAL ONLY CD RELEASE (MINA) WILL TESTIFY TO THE UNIQUE VIBE THAT THIS BAND CREATED. THIS ALBUM IS CERTAINLY A SPECIAL PIECE.

REGARDS

DROMBEG
cHARLIE
cHARLIE
2607 posts

Oct 02, 2002, 16:31
£40. Ouch! But Hmmmmmmm Maybe?
Fanks dood I am very tempted !
CharLie*
Buck Flair
Buck Flair
796 posts

Feb 24, 2003, 22:24
acme have sold out of the original T.C. Leithbridge album does any kind being have a copy ?

regard

Buck Flair
Unsung Forum Index