Japrocksampler Reappraisal

30 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
riverman
riverman
845 posts

Re: Japrocksampler Reappraisal
Dec 18, 2011, 13:01
I already had Satori - a truly great LP (whilst I like Speed Glue & Shinki's Eve I never understood why Cope had them 1= in his top 50).

Far East Family Band - really like the Far Out LP plus Nipponjin and Parallel Worlds

Les Rallizes Denudes - Heavier than a death in the family (got others but this is the essential one for me and the one that gets most play)

I love the J A Caesar (Seazer) LPs - the female chorus singing is fantastic in combination with his doomy organ and the psych band in the orchestral pit!

Brast Burn - Debon. Lo-fi, not sure what it is I like about this, v simple and organic but gets repeated plays.

Kirikyogen by Kuni Kawachi & the Flower Travellin Band is another fave. Recorded before Satori, 7 pretty original rock tracks. Recommended

The pain is trying to get these on non bootleg cds. They started cropping up on amazon e.g. Phoenix, promising a ltd edition card sleeve (yes with no inlay). Then I read Phoenix had risen from the ashes of Radioactive so didn't buy anymore (actually Satori is my one Radioactive cd, and I almost bought it again on Phoenix but found out in the nick of time!)
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index