30 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Dog 3000
Dog 3000
4611 posts

Edited Dec 15, 2011, 04:16
Re: Japrocksampler Reappraisal
Dec 15, 2011, 03:59
Already big on Flower Travellin Band before the book, but not so much impressed by Speed Glue & Shinki until after (mainly the brilliant "Eve" album -- there isn't enough Glue on the second one!)

Far East Family Band was also a fave, but he helps you to sort out all those overlapping albums (rerecording some bits with Klaus Schulze.)

The "People-Ceremony-Buddha Meet Rock" seems to go over well with most who have heard it.

Brast Burn "Debon" is classic under-freak-noise, and Seishokki "Organs of Blue Eclipse" another fine one in a similar vein (as is Karuna Kayal.)

Magical Power Mako & JA Caesar haven't done the trick for me as much, though I have a favorite album by each (Jump & Kokou Junreikyo, sic!)

If you like the "max blooz" thing, the LIVE Blues Creation album is their best IMHO. Never have been able to find the album they made as "Creation" however (with the famous "pissing boys" cover.)

I love "weird jazz", so big on the "Uganda" and "Amalgamation" albums as well. Some of the Stomu Yamashita didn't impress me as much (I dunno about drums as a lead instrument I guess.)

PS - I don't think the Mizutani "Path Through Haze" album is nearly as bad as Cope says (nor is it much like "Hot Rats" as he says.)
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index