Head To Head
Register
Unsung Forum »
The Other Window (Hawkwindesque Space Rock)

Topic View: Flat | Threaded
mingtp
mingtp
2270 posts

Edited Nov 29, 2010, 15:46
The Other Window (Hawkwindesque Space Rock)
Nov 28, 2010, 19:51
Heard an amazing Hawkwind-esque track (The Illusion of Wisdom) from The Other Window just now on the Freakzone.

Does anyone know where I could get hold of a copy of their first (eponymous) album?

Or at least point me to an upload if it's long gone?

Help really wanted with this. I'm bidding on their second album (Transition) on eBay, but any help tracking down the first one would be a Godsend.

Cheers.
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6214 posts

Re: The Other Window
Nov 28, 2010, 20:58
Sorry, thought this was Wire-related.
mingtp
mingtp
2270 posts

Re: The Other Window (Hawkwindesque Space Rock)
Nov 29, 2010, 15:48
I got in touch with the band via eBay and they're considering re-printing their debut after renewed interest recently.

Their second album is still available.
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8763 posts

Nov 29, 2010, 15:51
have they got a website or anything? I can't find 'em on MySpace...
smrt
130 posts

Nov 29, 2010, 17:33
Sorry for stating the obvious but try

http://www.myspace.com/theotherwindow

There's reviews here too

http://theotherwindow.co.uk/aboutus.aspx
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8763 posts

Nov 29, 2010, 20:33
hah! perhaps the "."s in the name stop the search facility finding 'em. or perhaps I typed the bloody name wrong! thanks anyhow.
mingtp
mingtp
2270 posts

Nov 29, 2010, 21:52
no it's not you, they're blocked from OurSpace search because I tried yesterday myself and got bugger all too.

Thanks smrt, that's really helpful mate.
fc77uk
1 posts

Dec 01, 2010, 12:40
MYSPACE.COM/THEOTHERWINDOW , you can hear samples of 3 tracks and a basic website theotherwindow.co.uk , just somewhere to buy the cd really.my guitarist did a very basic youtube effort but you can hear the track time thieves in its entirity. ive written a shed load of material and we will be doing another cd early next year. and i will do another run of the 1st cd as soon as funds permit.thanx for your interest.
and for introducing me to this great site.
mingtp
mingtp
2270 posts

Dec 01, 2010, 13:28
fc77uk wrote:
MYSPACE.COM/THEOTHERWINDOW , you can hear samples of 3 tracks and a basic website theotherwindow.co.uk , just somewhere to buy the cd really.my guitarist did a very basic youtube effort but you can hear the track time thieves in its entirity. ive written a shed load of material and we will be doing another cd early next year. and i will do another run of the 1st cd as soon as funds permit.thanx for your interest.
and for introducing me to this great site.

Welcome Oscar. You may pick up a bit more interest on here as it's psych central round these parts. Keep us posted, definitely want a copy of the first album because that track on The Freakzone was proper killer.
mingtp
mingtp
2270 posts

Dec 07, 2010, 12:35
Now I've got a copy, I can highly recommend The Other Window's second album Transition.

It's available on eBay, so, you know, go get it.
Unsung Forum Index