19 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
redfish365
redfish365
710 posts

Re: Spacious Mind?
Nov 11, 2010, 06:12
mingtp wrote:
Blimey, they've got a long discography Redfish, can you give me an idea of the best place to start with them pretty please?

Ta in advance.

Sure thing, Ming!

The first I'd heard from these cats was their "Live Vol. 1 - Do Your Own Thing But Don't Touch Ours" and I fell hard for it. It's my "go to" album by them and is a good place to start. I listen to it as if it were one long piece of music and honestly barely know individual track names. Now they have several cds/cd-rs from before this one but I know nothing about them but assume they're all quite good. Their most recent, Gentle Path Highway is good but not my favorite. It's a little too restrained and quiet. Don't get me wrong though, its a good record but they've done better.
2005s Rotvalta on the other hand is outstanding! The cd-rs Tonen and Pickin Berries n Playin Blues are both keepers with Tonen being outtakes from the Rotvolta sessions and Pickin Berries a live disc. All the ones mentioned here are great but Gentle Path Hway is again my least listened to work. If you can find one of the cd-rs for a nice price, start there and see if they're your cuppa. Rotvalta is brilliant and Live Vol 1 is too.
This reminds me I want to acquire those earlier albums that are currently missing from my collection...hope they're available and not too costly!

Unsung Forum Index