Your favourite Thighpaulsandra works

Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Carlos
Carlos
3884 posts

Your favourite Thighpaulsandra works
Oct 12, 2010, 16:15
I, Thighpaulsandra is quite an achievment!!! But The Clisto ep I also like a lot.
dodge one
dodge one
1242 posts

Edited Oct 12, 2010, 17:12
Re: Your favourite Thighpaulsandra works
Oct 12, 2010, 16:30
I have him on everything he did with Cope. The Elizabeth stuff primarily.
Its enough to sate Thighpaulsandra cravings.
I may have him on a Spiritualized record too...the one with the big white PILL on it....

What has he played on...maybe he is scattered on records i have and i don't even know it.
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8763 posts

Oct 12, 2010, 16:33
I think my favourite CD featuring TPS is probably Coil's Musick To Play In The Dark 2, especially Tiny Golden Books.
machineryelf
3681 posts

Oct 12, 2010, 16:43
Spiritualized , Live at the Albert Hall these days if someone mentions Thighpaulsandra I'm more likely to think of Spiritualized than his time with Cope
riverman
riverman
845 posts

Oct 12, 2010, 16:50
Squid Tempest wrote:
I think my favourite CD featuring TPS is probably Coil's Musick To Play In The Dark 2, especially Tiny Golden Books.

I keep meaning to buy both vols 1 and 2 - was reminded the other week when reading Rob Young's electric eden. The only coil I own is the ape of naples, which I love. I bought that after hearing a fantastic live cover version of fire of the mind by six organs of admittance.

Any other coil recommendations - I realise I may have digressed from the thread here and perhaps should start a new coil topic but anyway...
Carlos
Carlos
3884 posts

Oct 12, 2010, 18:56
An amazing record, yes. But I was only thinking of albums "signed Thighpaulsandra"! Otherwise I would mention the one you did.
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Oct 12, 2010, 19:19
Yeah, I like "I Thighpaulsandra" too. Not played it in a while. Shall dig out soon!
Carlos
Carlos
3884 posts

Re: The Clisto ep
Oct 18, 2010, 16:03
What's this all about? I supose this is a conceptual ep. So, who is Clisto? THwe woman from the hospital? Margaret? what does "am smear challenger" means? I'm intrigued!!! Or may be this is not a conceptual record and all these questions are a bit stupid... Any help?
redfish365
redfish365
710 posts

Oct 19, 2010, 06:05
Squid Tempest wrote:

I like Musick to Play in the Dark pt 1 a bit better than 2 but both are worthwhile IMHO.

I recently ordered a used copy of I Thighpaulsandra though and am perfectly willing to allow that to transcend what he did on the 2 Musick/Dark albums.
smrt
130 posts

Oct 19, 2010, 12:34
Think I must be in a minority here then. I couldn't get on with the "I, Thighpaulsandra" release and eventually sold it on. I do still like the "Some Head" EP though, so that would have to be favourite.

S.
Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index