Unsung Forum »
C R O Y D O N

Pages: 23 – [ Previous | 112 13 14 15 16 17 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Re: C R O Y D O N
Aug 10, 2010, 14:07
Do they do complimentary caramalised snacks though?
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8763 posts

Aug 10, 2010, 21:31
I'm going.

W A H A Y !
hedlite
hedlite
375 posts

Aug 10, 2010, 22:53
I'm posting this again coz I'm not sure anyone noticed it...anyway, for what it's worth:

Would have to recommend The Ship, which is just around the corner (walk past venue (with venue on your left), turn left)...a bit more HH than the Green Dragon, I would have thought...

Blurb from The Ship's myspace page:

The Ship is a small pub in the middle of Croydon and a true Croydon landmark, having been virtually unchanged for the better part of nearly a century.

A retreat from the usual trendy, fluorescent lit, sticky-floored, chav-infested bars that you'd normally find in Croydonia, The Ship is what you'd call an "alternative" pub, but the nights range from swing through to 80s to punk to classic rock to good, honest heavy metal. Not to mention the frequent live music nights and Battle of the Bands competitions.

Aside from the music, The Ship offers real ales like Hobgoblin, Forty Niner and Brakespear Bitter.
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8763 posts

Aug 11, 2010, 08:51
sounds good to me - see you there 8-)
Kid Calamity
9045 posts

Aug 11, 2010, 09:06
The Ship sounds like the place. It's just a shame that Hedlite will be sunning himself in Cornwall that night - That is, if it's possible to sun oneself at night... ahem. I know, I'll go out and come back in, again.
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8763 posts

Aug 11, 2010, 09:10
ah. so I won't see him there then. must pay more attention.
hedlite
hedlite
375 posts

Aug 11, 2010, 11:08
Squid Tempest wrote:
must pay more attention.

I think it's fair to say, there's been one or two posts in this thread! :P
Yes, gutted I can't make it! Hope you all have a great time.
Kid Calamity
9045 posts

Edited Aug 12, 2010, 14:09
The S H I P : C R O Y D O N
Aug 12, 2010, 14:07
hedlite wrote:
Would have to recommend The Ship, which is just around the corner (walk past venue (with venue on your left), turn left)...

Ticket sorted - And I've just booked a nearby hotel with somewhere to dump the Calamity Wagon.

Are we ready for a head count?
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8763 posts

Re: The S H I P : C R O Y D O N
Aug 12, 2010, 14:14
Kid Calamity wrote:
hedlite wrote:
Would have to recommend The Ship, which is just around the corner (walk past venue (with venue on your left), turn left)...

Ticket sorted - And I've just booked a nearby hotel with somewhere to dump the Calamity Wagon.

Are we ready for a head count?

You have more than one head??
Kid Calamity
9045 posts

Edited Aug 12, 2010, 14:28
Re: The S H I P : C R O Y D O N
Aug 12, 2010, 14:28
Somebody offered to give me a little head, once. Needless to say I ran away as quickly as my legs could carry me. Sounds ghastly - and let's be honest here, cranial transplantation is an untested medical field, at best. Besides, my vast hat collection will all have been a wasted investment if they all drop over my face, obscuring my vision. No thank you, very much!
Pages: 23 – [ Previous | 112 13 14 15 16 17 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index