Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8761 posts

Edited May 28, 2010, 08:00
Re: Black Tempest - pre order
May 28, 2010, 07:59
IanB wrote:
Have finally had time to play this from start to finish in one sitting really loud and with no distractions and this is a really good record. It's in the same general area as my favourite TD period (the cathedral shows) but is also really fresh sounding. The pulse motors along with some great variations in mood and colours. It's a bit like being in a speed boat on a choppy day with the waves swelling over you and then the sun comes out and it all goes orientally serene for a while.

If you liked the Spaceship record (the original rather than the HH version) then this is definitely in the same league if not the same musical space.

Would be funny if after all the Black Sheep hooplah it was a curio like "Odin" that ended up being one of Cope's more influential records.

Thanks Ian, glad you like it. I'm still putting together the companion volume "Ex Proxima" with intent to get some printed up, but I've decided to record some new stuff for it, so it'll be a little while yet.

In the meantime, if anyone else wants to hear Proxima, it is available for download here (all the hard-copies have sold out now):
http://blacktempest.bandcamp.com/
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index