Unsung Forum »
The Linguistics of Unsung

93 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Re: The Linguistics of Unsung
Dec 15, 2009, 17:37
I get what you're saying Mr Squid. I think it's very much down to the individual reading and responding IMO (glarp!). I think it also depends upon from whom a particular post is from. After all these years of interaction and chats with familiar people one gets used to individual quirks and mannerisms from some - you expect more of a 'All ..... is SHIT!!!" type of from some folk and less so from others.

I would say that if someone chooses to enter the field of debate with what might be deemed by some to be provocative language - again like," Your music is CACK!" kinda thing - then it is only right that they have no cause to complain when any response is in kind. Of course, with something that is as often as personal as music (and by extension a reflection of a persons likes and dislikes and traits) then you gotta accept that, from time to time, passions will run high.

However, as far as I'm concerned, if you are new to a forum - any forum - then I think it impolite and actually pretty pointless to wade in with a "Fuck you! You're wrong!" approach from the off. Not only in terms of basic manners, but it has the possibily of rendering anything else you say, regardless of merit, inert simply because people can't be arsed with the hassle.

I certainly think it was worthwhile for you to air your views dude, and why not?

You know what - there's a misconception that it's somehow a bit wet and wishy washy to be try to be reasonable. It's not. Sometimes it's fuckin' hard work.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index