Pages: 3 – [ 1 2 3 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Rockabilly
Rockabilly
206 posts

Edited Feb 10, 2009, 16:23
Clarendon / Klub Foot
Feb 10, 2009, 16:20
A while back I seem to remember The Clarendon Hotel being in a few peoples memories especially The Klub Foot.
Well I just found this on MySpace.

http://www.myspace.com/stompingattheklubfoot

Edit: Check the pics out.
Lawrence
9547 posts

Re: Clarendon / Klub Foot
Feb 10, 2009, 16:49
Demented Are Go -- eww! Didn't they record a few records with Skrewdriver?
Rockabilly
Rockabilly
206 posts

Feb 10, 2009, 17:23
Lawrence wrote:
Demented Are Go -- eww! Didn't they record a few records with Skrewdriver?

Here's a link to their site.

http://www.dementedarego.co.uk/html/

They have done a few albums.........
................now if only my old band had stayed together!
Lawrence
9547 posts

Feb 10, 2009, 17:33
The discog is tellingly empty. Well what links there are to the DAG/Skrewdriver/Klansmen connection are on nazi sites and I loathe to send a link to them. The wiki of the band doesn't mention the connection but there's talk of it on the talk page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Demented_Are_Go
Rockabilly
Rockabilly
206 posts

Feb 10, 2009, 17:52
I just looked at the discog and there were albums there.

About 10 or 11 years ago We played a gig in Berlin with them.
The psychobilly scene has been hijacked by Neo Nazis.
So I know what you mean.
necropolist
necropolist
1689 posts

Feb 10, 2009, 17:53
skrewdriver weren't always a nazi band, there first album or two were straightforward oi, twas only later they became complete cunts. i dont think there was ever any inkling that DAG were that way inclined.

I saw Bob Calvert supported by Spacemen 3 at Klub Foot, bloody great gig
Lawrence
9547 posts

Feb 10, 2009, 18:24
Yeah, I dunno what it is. Maybe just the rockabilly music connection to the deep south or something...

The funny thing is with all the hysteria involving Death In June and Sol Invictus -- however right the reasons for it are -- I've yet to hear any anti-Nazi group complain about Demented Are Go even with the Skrewdriver connection.
vince
vince
1628 posts

Feb 10, 2009, 19:28
Saw many extraordinary shows at The Clarendon...Young Gods, Butthole Surfers, The Apartments, Crime & the City Solution...good times. Played a couple of dodgy shows in the basement (The Broadway?) too. It was horrible down there.
GeeZa
GeeZa
137 posts

Feb 11, 2009, 01:10
I frequented The Clarendon in the mid-to-late 80s when they used to attract the underground hardcore metal bands during week nights. Most of the dirtiest and scuzziest US acts would make their way there and the crowd was always a mix of majestically filthy weirdos. Pound-for-pound, probably the best venue in the country but definitely not for the faint-hearted. A few gigs I saw there were brutal in all senses of the world. Great place and fond memories. It was the first venue I properly stage dived at, man that hurt.
Valve
Valve
1736 posts

Feb 11, 2009, 09:47
I went to the Clarendon a couple of times in the early 80s seeing Elvis Costello and Robyn Hitchcock. I thought at the time the rockabilly kids went to a pub called the George in the same block?
Pages: 3 – [ 1 2 3 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index