Glastonbury Fayre

10 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Deepinder Cheema
Deepinder Cheema
1972 posts

Re: Glastonbury Fayre
Apr 23, 2007, 02:07
[quote]No thats the whole triple albums worth. All they got wrong is the year, that is it was released in 72 but the live stuff at least is from the 71 festival. Modesty prevents me from linking to... oh go on then:[quote]

valve 1 or valve 2..one and the same?

Good to see Glastonbury Fayre 1971 on these pages again, but I am feeling a poisoned chalice coming on as I really dislike bootlegging activities like this, as the Arkama thing is a bootleg. But then again how does anyone get the music when the original package can be very expensive, but not neccesarily, as eBay can yield them often at a good price quite regularly, albeit with much of the Barney Bubbles oddments missing.

There are a number of updates about the Original package that many are unaware of: The poster/LP sleeve of the 1971 pyramid is a photo by Paul Misso, he is currently selling the photo as a poster off his website as a fundraiser , he is associated with a form of healing, so this is a good cause, and the poster is fabulous (I bet Arkama didn't approach him for his consent)

I have a 1974 chapter about Revelations Enterprises in a very obscure book called 'Making it' which gives a lot of info about organising the package, including a great photo of the staff at Revelations assembling the Glastonbury Triple, in what eventually turned out to be the Kaleidaphon Recording Studios (and home) of David Vorhaus.

There was I believe a 3 hour or 3 day broadcast from Andorra in 1971 or 1972 which played the 1971 festival . Some of these broadcasts do survive, as these were the noble efforts of Radio Geronimo, and through the great efforts of Chris Bent there can be heard a 6 minute fragment on his Radio Geronimo website, including a bit of the David Bowie concert. He is playing Bombers, which was unreleased, but a number he had in his shows of the time (BBC had taped this). I highly recommend the 6 minutes as it does transport one back.

Unsung Forum Index