30 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
moey
moey
770 posts

Re: BabyBird
Aug 31, 2006, 00:55
anthonyqkiernan wrote:

BTW, I think moey's yer man on this one.

(Takes a bow)

Thank you ladies and gentlemen.

hehheh

Mr Jones. A definite case of 'Massive Pop Hit' + 'Shit attitude' = 'career suicide'

He's a clever bloke, and if he had played the game a bit, he could have had a great career. To begin with the crowd heckling at gigs was great fun, but obviously you can only do that for so long before the nasty element kicks in and you get hurt.

Anyway, I digress. The music.

The Original Lo-Fi is deffo an essential puschase. It includes the original five Lo-Fi solo albums - each of which contain some sparkling gems. You also get The Black Album, which is supposed to tie up the loose ends of that period, but I think sneakily contains a few newer tracks. 6 CDs for less than £25? It's a done deal in my book.

Ugly Beautiful was the first 'Full band' album containing mostly 'full band' versions of tracks from the original lofi albums - some are an improvement, some, maybe not.

There's Something Going On followed. New songs, pretty good.

Bugged is pretty under-rated. Features the F Word, now used by Gordon F*cking Ramsay for his TV prog. Fireflies is my fave off this album

After that, they kind of dissolved in a mess of apathy. SJ has done some writing (The Bad Book & Harry & Ida Swap teeth) and some solo stuff.

Solo stuff - 1985-2000 and Plastic Tablets
These are two dinky little packages, each containing 4 x 3"cds They are really adverts for his instrumental work in the hope of being picked up for soundtrack work - the tracks are all pretty short. Mail order only for Plastic Tablets - and service is s o s l o w.

Almost cured of Sadness -a solo 'songs' album, all sung in his falsetto voice. Not the best IMHO

He has also done a bit of soundtrack work, but nothing released AFAIK.

Live the band were highly entertaining, the dates on this tour are most likely with a new band. The new album was recorded with Luke Scott & Rob Gregory, but it doesn't look like they are going out on tour with him.

There is another radio session on Gideon Coe's show on 6 Music on Monday 11th Sept.

Tour dates are here: http://www.myspace.com/officialbabybird there's also two tracks from the new album there too.

Website here: http://www.babybird.co.uk

moey

Unsung Forum Index