Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Gnostic Almighty
Gnostic Almighty
236 posts

Edited Feb 04, 2009, 18:41
Re: JC Rarities Compilation
Feb 04, 2009, 18:39
Vybik Jon wrote:
I think these are official (at least some of them) as they have appeared on 12" versiosn in the UK and on the Dancing Heads ep in the US.

Dancing Head CD EP Tracklisting ...

1 Head (Remix) (3:34)
2 Head (Long Meg And Her Daughters Mix) (6:07)
3 Love (L.U.V.) (Beautiful Love Remix) (6:51)
4 Easty Risin' (East Easy Rider Remix) (8:18)

Head CD EP Tracklisting

1 Head
2 Straw Dogs
3 Anyway At All
4 Bagged-Out Ken
Gnostic Almighty
Gnostic Almighty
236 posts

Feb 04, 2009, 18:46
What I can't find anywhere on CD, although I have it on vinyl is the extra 12" given away with the initial copies of "Saint Julian" where "Julian Cope Talks About Himself And His New Album 'Saint Julian'".

A radio show of approx. 1 hour with Julian being interviewed plus the integral versions of "Trampolene", "Saint Julian", "Eve's Volcano", "Spacehopper" and "Shot Down".

Tracklisting ...

C1 Dialogue
C1a Spacehopper
C2 Dialogue
C2a Eve's Volcano (Covered In Sin)
C3 Dialogue
C3a Shot Down
D1 Dialogue
D1a World Shut Your Mouth
D2 Dialogue
D2a Trampolene
D3 Dialogue
D3a Saint Julian
LunarTunes
107 posts

Feb 04, 2009, 18:47
Actually, as far as I can tell, the "Soldier Blue" mixes never received an official release other than the W.S.Y.M. download. All the other tracks were on the UK 12"'s from the PEGGY SUICIDE album (except for "Uptight", of course, which was on the vinyl version of PS). The DANCING HEADS EP had the 3 long remixes along with another remix of "Head" but no "Uptight" or "Dragonfly". The "Soldier Blue" mixes are presumably the first three from this list on the "Trampolene" website:

Soldier Blue Remixes
by Michael Frantii (Disposable Heroes of Hiphoprisy)
08 Soldier Blue (Mix with Rap) 05:29
09 Soldier Blue (Radio Mix) 03:58
10 Soldier Blue (Dance Mix) 07:39
11 Soldier Blue (Instrumental Mix) 05:31

I guess that "Instrumental Mix" could show up on the (ill-fated?) PEGGY SUICIDE DELUXE EDITION. Meanwhile, I'm gonna go ahead and put the other three on the list...

Peace.
Brik
587 posts

Feb 04, 2009, 19:26
LunarTunes wrote:
Brik wrote:
The standard Suffocate's on the Wilder CD, hence the cheeky incentive to buy The Greatest Hit for the strings version.
For what it's worth I've got the Screaming Secrets boot in mp3 format.
I didn't notice the single edit of Sunspots on the list, it's in the Children Of Nuggets box set, but it's never been on any JC CD if memory serves. I dunno if that qualifies or not but there you go.

As for the "Sunspots" edit, I've purposely left single edits/shorter versions off the list since they don't contain any new music....

Sorry "edit" doesn't come across as very clear.
Nah it's a complete remake of the track...
LunarTunes
107 posts

Feb 04, 2009, 20:15
Brik wrote:
LunarTunes wrote:
Brik wrote:
The standard Suffocate's on the Wilder CD, hence the cheeky incentive to buy The Greatest Hit for the strings version.
For what it's worth I've got the Screaming Secrets boot in mp3 format.
I didn't notice the single edit of Sunspots on the list, it's in the Children Of Nuggets box set, but it's never been on any JC CD if memory serves. I dunno if that qualifies or not but there you go.

As for the "Sunspots" edit, I've purposely left single edits/shorter versions off the list since they don't contain any new music....

Sorry "edit" doesn't come across as very clear.
Nah it's a complete remake of the track...

My apologies! All this time I had no idea that was a remix. I just assumed it was the album track or an edit of the album track. It goes on the list right now and, even better, on the compilation. I'll always have room for that song...

Peace.
Brik
587 posts

Feb 04, 2009, 23:58
Ah no worries.
I'm willing to dish the mp3 out if anyone's in need, just shoot me a line on the red name.
elegant chaos
elegant chaos
2390 posts

Re: Lunar Tunes
Feb 07, 2009, 14:34
Re Serpents - the album is called

"You have just been poisoned by the Serpents"
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7717 posts

Edited Feb 20, 2009, 16:41
Re: Lunar Tunes
Feb 20, 2009, 11:08
elegant chaos wrote:
Re Serpents - the album is called

"You have just been poisoned by the Serpents"

Prompted by ec's reminder of the name, I dug the album out to give the JC track a spin.

I'd forgotten what a box of delights it is.

EDIT: I'm not convinced that Julian is on this album after all. It's still a mighty album though!
JonLa
86 posts

Feb 20, 2009, 16:35
The Soldier Blue/Hiphoprisy files I've got, presumably from here, are 128kbps, which was the norm for the time when these mp3s were posted, I suspect.
postyesterdayman
postyesterdayman
931 posts

Feb 21, 2009, 14:15
I have 320 copies of most of the rare stuff at this point....doesn't mean they all sound amazing, a bad source at 320 or 128 is still a bad source.
Pages: 13 – [ Previous | 18 9 10 11 12 13 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index