Soundtracks To Our Lives

82 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Lugia
970 posts

Re: Soundtracks To Our Lives
Jun 07, 2005, 20:44
Lessee...ongoing right now:

Bang on a Can All-stars: "Music for Airports". The BOAC ensemble's very cool redux of Eno's ambient classic. Seen 'em do this live, too...which is quite amazing.

Charlie Parker: "Night and Day". One of the posthumous Verve collections of big band and orchestra sides. Many amazing moments, including THAT version of "Laura".

Vapourspace: "Gravitational Arc of 10: Magnetic Gravity Arc Suite". 43 minutes of techno done right from the grand old days when there were no screechy 5-minute diva club tracks, and if the tracks went on forever the crowd didn't object at all.

Esquivel!: "Infinity in Sound Vol. 2". Muzak on mescaline. Contains some astounding WTF?! moments on pedal steel guitar by Alvino Rey in amongst the general elevator-to-Mars musical proceedings.

Michael Rother: "Radio". The 'short edits' of many Rother tracks, plus a few then-new ones. Spans pretty much everything from 1976-93.

Plus I've been working on finishing up the 'pre-track' layers for my next thing for Magnatune...lots of shortwave audio that's been massively tampered/DSPed thus far. Hopefully this new thing, right now called "Intercepts", should be out in late July if I can get it done before my Japan trip next month.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index