05. Object
06. Subway Song
07. Foxy Lady
08. Meathook
09. So What
10. Fire In Cairo
11. It's Not You
12. Three Imaginary Boys
13. The Weedy Burton (Previously Unreleased)

Disc: 2
01. I Want To Be Old (Sav Studio Demo 10/77)
02. I'm Cold (Sav Studio Demo 11/77)
03. Heroin Face (Live At The Rocket 12/77)
04. I Just Need Myself (Psl Studio Demo 1/78)
05. 10:15 Saturday Night (Home Demo W/Vox 2/78)
06. The Cocktail Party (Group Home Demo 3/78)
07. Grinding Halt (Group Home Demo 4/78)
08. Boys Don't Cry (Chestnut Studio Demo 5/78)
09. It's Not You (Chestnut Studio Demo 5/78)
10. 10:15 Saturday Night (Chestnut Studio Demo 5/78)
11. Fire In Cairo (Chestnut Studio Demo 5/78)
12. Winter (Studio Out-Take 10/78)
13. Faded Smiles (Aka I Don't Know) (Studio Out-Take 10/78)
14. Play With Me (Studio Out-Take 10/78)
15. World War (On Early Copies Of Boys Don't Cry Album 1979 )
16. Boys Don't Cry (On Boys Don't Cry Album 1979 )
17. Jumping Someone Else's Train (On Boys Don't Cry - 1979 )
18. Subway Song (Live In Nottingham 10/79)
19. Accuracy (Live In Nottingham 10/79)
20. 10:15 Saturday Night (Live In Nottingham 10/79)

Digitally remastered 2-CD set compiled by Robert Smith. Features 6 previously unreleased songs and 17 tracks on CD for the very first time. Deluxe package contains a 16 page booklet including sleevenotes and lyrics with rare and previously unseen photographs. Before they honed their patented blend of dark melodies and gothic textures, The Cure made catchy, if angular, pop-punk. The band started out as a trio with Robert Smith on guitar, Lol Tolhurst on drums and Michael Dempsey on bass. Three Imaginary Boys sounds very good for a debut album. It still has a unique sound after all these years; however, it's hard to truly appreciate what this sounded like in 1979. It's a problem all art suffers when you look back after its influence has made permeated the culture. Disc one is the original album in its entirety, clocking in at a meager 36 minutes. The songs are short and the structure of the music is simple, but you can hear the seeds of what The Cure's sound would later become throughout the album. "Object" has a cool echo effect on the vocals. "Subway" is a short, spooky song about a woman being followed. "Meathook" is a weird, funny story about going into a butcher shop and Robert repeats some words. The only well known song is "10:15 Saturday Night". Disc 2 is over an hour of rarities spanning 1977-1979. It's a mixture of live tracks, demos and studio tracks; three of which appeared on the Curiosity cassette in 1984. Future member Porl Thompson plays guitar on six of the tracks, adding more of a rock sound to the music. On two of the home demos the vocals are horrendous and should have been left off. You can hear the progression of "10:15 Saturday Night" as the home demo has very pronounced keyboards and the tempo is slowed down. The two tracks from "Boys Don't Cry" have a warmer sound in both the vocals and music. The disc closes with three tracks recorded live in Nottingham in 1979. The liner notes have some interesting information about the band at this stage and the recording of the album. Robert discusses why he "never allowed anyone in the studio in the role of 'producer'" after this album and the ame artwork that graces the cover. For fans that already have the album, the remastering and rarities are well worth the price.

Unsung Forum Index