Pages: 12 – [ Previous | 17 8 9 10 11 12 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Lord Lucan
Lord Lucan
2702 posts

Re: Who'd you most like a beer with?
Nov 11, 2003, 14:37
Bet his bro' says the same about him!

A mate of mine used to serve him regularly in this designer clothes shop and said that he was a gent and nowhere near as dim as he's portrayed in the media.
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Nov 11, 2003, 14:39
Hmm, I don't know. Mark E SMith has such a dry sense of humour that I suspect he comes across as being more miserable in interviews than he is in real life. That's only my speculation, admittedly, but I think he could be quite witty and entertaining if you caught him on a good day. You're right about Van Morrison, though - he's a monster.
Nukleopatra
Nukleopatra
186 posts

Nov 11, 2003, 16:37
Joe Elliott.

We'd talk and talk and talk about all the great glam rock and hard rock and metal that he grew up with and that I was 10 or 15 years to young to experience first hand.

But if he asks me, "So, what do you think of what my band's done since 'Hysteria?' I'll be out the door before he finishes the last syllable.

One last thing: On the American version of I Love The 70s, there's a segment on Black Sabbath where Chic guitarist Nile Rodgers says, "If you can name all four members of Black Sabbath, you did a lot less acid than me in the 70s." Cut to Joe Elliott: "OzzyOsbourneTonyIommiGeezerButlerBillWard."

xoxo
'patra
BoC
BoC
18 posts

Nov 12, 2003, 00:43
I really did have a beer (and dry roasted peanuts) with Rick Wakeman once. If I had to have a beer with anyone then I would choose Rick again.
PaulMakesMusic
951 posts

Nov 12, 2003, 01:41
Stella Artois.
Lawrence
9547 posts

Nov 12, 2003, 12:56
I never got much into Def Lep, but did like that they came from the same town as Cabaret Voltaire and Clock DVA.
Lawrence
9547 posts

Nov 12, 2003, 12:58
Oh yeah, Joe Elliot's pretty handsome as well... Not that I'd hit on him or anything.
Pages: 12 – [ Previous | 17 8 9 10 11 12 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index