Led Zep kick ass

Pages: 28 – [ Previous | 18 9 10 11 12 13 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
The Seth Man
1242 posts

Led Zep kick ass
Sep 04, 2003, 20:05
Exhibit J.3:

For the way "Sick Again" ends "Phys Graf" much the same way "Sole Survivor" ends "Exile": tired, strung out, bloody but unbowed and giving it's all right before it all collapses AND the needling, spindly guitar solo, too

Kick ass
The Seth Man
1242 posts

Led Zep kick ass
Sep 04, 2003, 20:08
Exhibit K.3:

For the 1975 "Crawdaddy" cover interview between William S. Burroughs and Pagey that roughly goes something like this:

WB: "You can start a riot with two tape machines."
JP: "Ummm....yes."
WB: "In Peru, there was a disasterous earthquake that killed thousands of people..."
JP: "Umm...yes."
(etc)

Kick ass
The Seth Man
1242 posts

Led Zep kick ass
Sep 04, 2003, 20:10
Exhibit L.3:

The hand gesture Pagey makes in flight during his jump on 'Rock And Roll" in 'Song Remains The Same"

Kick ass
morfe lux
301 posts

Sex and the Zep
Sep 04, 2003, 20:26
"Robert Plant asked me to marry him, but I said 'no.' I mean, you just don't want to marry someone you've wanted to do it with since you were thirteen, because, well, if he farts, I would, like, die!"
- Tori Amos, during a show in Northhampton, MA, in October, 1994.

http://web.stargate.net/zeppelin/ifmtl/quotes.html#1.1
The Seth Man
1242 posts

Led Zep kick ass
Sep 04, 2003, 20:36
Exhibit M.3:

The "You Keep Me Hangin' On" guitar ernie-ernie-ing intro and bass proplusions from Jonesy that make "The Song Remain The Same" a stone gasser (AND the solo. Both of 'em)

Kick ass
The Seth Man
1242 posts

Led Zep kick ass
Sep 04, 2003, 20:40
Exhibit N.3:

Never releasing an album as 'Led Zeppelin' after John Henry Bonham's death

Majorly kick ass!
morfe lux
301 posts

Led Zep kick ass
Sep 04, 2003, 20:40
"There's a little book I'm thinking of writing - 'Swan Song' is what I shall call it. The song of the dying. And my book will be incense burnt at the deathbed of this society, damned with the damnation of its own impotence."
- Maxim Gorky, "Foma Gordeyev".

Led Zeppelin's Swan Song had a winged man who could be in exaltation, or could equally be an Icarus falling to his death.

Ass kick!
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Re: Led Zep kick ass
Sep 04, 2003, 20:41
The plan that was hatched to do a split single with The Damned in order to annoy the blinkered 'my music's better than yours 'masses in both the punk & rock camps. Both bands were up for it...sadly never happened.
The Seth Man
1242 posts

Led Zep kick ass
Sep 04, 2003, 20:45
From the original drawing by William Rimmer, re-executed in colour by Joe Patagno (the artist wot don the original Motorhead logo AND the ocver of Renaissance's "Turn of the Cards" as well as that West, Bruce and Lang album with all the hamburger eatin' and stuff)
The Seth Man
1242 posts

Led Zep kick ass
Sep 04, 2003, 20:47
The Damned doing "Wearing And Tearing" (with Lemmy on bass) backed by "New Rose" by Led Zeppelin on SwanStif? Whoa!

Kick ass
Pages: 28 – [ Previous | 18 9 10 11 12 13 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index