Led Zep kick ass

Pages: 28 – [ Previous | 113 14 15 16 17 18 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Dog 3000
Dog 3000
4611 posts

Re: "For Badge Holders Only"
Sep 04, 2003, 22:45
I think I've heard that one -- Mooney was definitely past his prime by then.

I'm talking about the acrobatic-symphonic-polyrhythmic stuff he was doing up until circa "Quadrophenia."

Bonham stomped like a herd of dinosaurs, had impeccable timing, etc. but Moon danced all over his kit like the world's greatest jazz drummer genetically spliced with the world's greatest surf drummer, "on speed!"
The Seth Man
1242 posts

Re: Led Zep kick ass
Sep 04, 2003, 22:48
Exhibit I.4:

For "Hats Off To Roy Harper" being Robert Johnson on a bottle of Jack Daniels in a gravity-free echo chamber and an an overall stone gasser for the Quaalude/Mandrax set

Kick ass
morfe lux
301 posts

slAAAP
Sep 04, 2003, 22:50
my hand is sore!!!

YEEE-HOOO! Sore it some more!

I've listened to the WHOLE of the 4CD box-set today, the laundry isn't done, but am feeling so funking fine I had Zepday a few days early for a practice run ;-)
Eardrum
Eardrum
540 posts

Sep 04, 2003, 22:50
"smelling of hot lovin'!"

fuck, I used to love that smell!!
morfe lux
301 posts

Led Zep kick ass
Sep 04, 2003, 22:57
for having what sounds like the coolest mother in rock history:

"John Gibb describes Page’s house: "In most homes, the front room is usually a family room, but Pagey’s parents had turned it over to Jimmy. There were records everywhere, a tape recorder, a couple of amps and guitars and other instruments. Plus a really good hi-fi system. Jimmy’s mum usually stayed in the kitchen brewing tea for everybody."

Jimmy’s mum on the music: "...the jam sessions forced Jim’s father and myself to develop an opinion about so-called heavy rock music. I found that I have a thing for it myself. I adore it. You had to shut your mind to everything else and just get into it. So you either loved it or loathed it. I really took to it."

http://ledzeppelin.alexreisner.com/page.html
The Seth Man
1242 posts

Led Zep kick ass
Sep 04, 2003, 22:59
Exhibit J.4:

For not covering Robert Johnson's "Come On In My Kitchen" OR "32/20 Blues" even though they coulda played it live in 1969 and therby causing undue drenching to alla undies of every lady in the room...and here I'm thinking FIllmore West, April 29, 1969 with extensive Echoplex on Pagey's psychedelic painted Telecaster that Jeff "Tufnel" Beck gave him back in the Yardbirds daze...

Kick ass!
The Seth Man
1242 posts

Led Zep kick ass
Sep 04, 2003, 23:01
Exhibit K.4 (And I don't mean the Kraftwerk bootleg):

Bonham giving up smoking to make ends meet while in ( I think) Hobstweedle

Completely Kick Ass
The Seth Man
1242 posts

Led Zep kick ass
Sep 04, 2003, 23:06
Exhibit L.4:

For being the icebreakers at too many teen beer parties and being too tongue tied to think opf anything to ask girls except, "You like Zeppelin?"

15 year Old Girl: "Sure?"
Your response: "You wanna go outside and get high? I got some killer herb..."

Definately Kick Ass
morfe lux
301 posts

Sep 04, 2003, 23:08
D modal detuning going on. And the resultant headfucking beauty that is 'White Summer'. Jimmy Page's playing used to scare me as a kid, he was somewhere 'else'. Still does! HAha!
The Seth Man
1242 posts

Led Zep kick ass
Sep 04, 2003, 23:12
Exhibit M.4:

For being in fields of light and shade simultaneously. And kicking ass.

Kick ass!
Pages: 28 – [ Previous | 113 14 15 16 17 18 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index