Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Zariadris
Zariadris
286 posts

Edited Mar 01, 2020, 16:52
Re: The trial of Assange
Mar 01, 2020, 16:33
phallus dei wrote:
...There has never been any proof that the DNC was hacked by an outside source...
But let's say it was indeed hacked by Russia. Does that matter?

For me, yes, it does, for the reasons I outlined. Further, the Mueller report clearly implicated Assange in the conspiracy:

"Julian Assange not only knew that a murdered Democratic National Committee staffer wasn’t his source for thousands of hacked party emails, he was in active contact with his real sources in Russia’s GRU months after Seth Rich’s death. At the same time he was publicly working to shift blame onto the slain staffer “to obscure the source of the materials he was releasing,” Special Counsel Robert Mueller asserts in his final report on Russia’s role in the 2016 presidential election."

Source: https://www.thedailybeast.com/mueller-report-julian-assange-smeared-seth-rich-to-cover-for-russians

Or this from the Washington Post:

"The report by special counsel Robert S. Mueller III released this past Friday amply documents that Assange, with the support of Russian intelligence, played a critical role in the 2016 presidential election. He is a potential missing link in the chain of understanding the extent to which foreign intervention affected the American electoral process."

Source: https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2019/04/22/mueller-report-confirms-it-assange-is-not-whistleblower-or-journalist/

I appreciate that some may believe the Mueller Report, Daily Beast, NYT, Washington Post are all part of the Deep State/media conspiracy to railroad Assange. But I don't. So here we might just have to respectfully disagree.

It's pretty clear to me that the hacking of the DNC profoundly swayed the election. As I'm not best pleased with Trump and the GOP, I hold JA among those responsible for interfering in our election for purely partisan reasons and for causing what I see as the mess we're in. As The Donald said a number of times, "WikiLeaks, I love WikiLeaks"!

Where we do agree Phallus Dei, apart from our love of Amon Duul II, is our shared core values - about freedom, fairness, due process, free speech, and the fight against Big Brother. As a Chomsky fan, I profoundly appreciate your concerns, eloquently expressed, regarding all of these. I like to think we're on the same page, but with slightly different perspectives. I just happen to believe - based on the facts as I know them - that Assange is decidedly not the Promethean figure he claims to be: the culture hero chained by a tyrant for revealing state secrets. In short, he's not so much a Shelley as he is a shill.

U-Know! Forum Index