U-Know! Forum »
'Change' UK

Topic View: Flat | Threaded
spencer
spencer
3071 posts

'Change' UK
Mar 30, 2019, 10:21
Someone's finally managed to sniff out who's backing this unelected bunch, unregistered with the Electoral Commission. It is, it seems, one Jeremy Isaacs, one of the biggest backers of ...the Conservative Party.
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Re: 'Change' UK
Mar 30, 2019, 11:42
spencer wrote:
Someone's finally managed to sniff out who's backing this unelected bunch, unregistered with the Electoral Commission. It is, it seems, one Jeremy Isaacs, one of the biggest backers of ...the Conservative Party.

Point 1.

They are elected, they were elected as MPs during the last General Election.

Point 2.

They don't need to be registered as a group with the Electoral Commission as they Independent MPs. When they register as a group then they'll be registered as a member of that party with the Electoral Commission. Until then they are indeed registered with the Electoral Commission as Independents

Point 3. So what!
tjj
tjj
3606 posts

Mar 30, 2019, 17:34
I'm keeping my eye on them but as yet haven't fathomed out what they stand for. If there is another GE we are faced with the dilemma of who to vote for - I have never voted Tory in my life and like to think I never would. Sadly though, the Labour Party does not inspire confidence at the moment. I've fallen out of love with Jeremy Corbyn.

Change Uk have upset the 'independent of party politics' campaigning group Change.org so they may have to re-think their name.
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/mar/29/independent-group-to-register-as-change-uk-party-under-heidi-allen
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Mar 30, 2019, 18:31
As they're currently independents they stand on their own so there's really nothing to 'fathom' As a party that'll change. I used to belong to an Independent Party, during its creation. Very interesting and new, I'm actually still amazed many people can't get behind new ideas and still try and cling on to old party politics.
U-Know! Forum Index