Head To Head
Register
U-Know! Forum »
Please sign if you believe in giving kids.....

Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
nigelswift
8112 posts

Please sign if you believe in giving kids.....
Feb 15, 2019, 12:15
.... a proper education of their own, not someone else's.

https://humanism.org.uk/what-you-can-do-to-help/tell-damian-hinds-not-in-my-name-we-are-not-a-christian-country/
Rhiannon
5291 posts

Re: Please sign if you believe in giving kids.....
Feb 15, 2019, 15:19
Ah Damian Hinds, like his party hasn't done so much to promote those things you'd get in a nice christian country, like food banks and universal credit and people sleeping on the streets, and people voting to get rid of immigrants etc etc. And what could be better for future public harmony in a multicultural country than dividing children according to which imaginary god their parents believe in.

(I signed it by the way). I do hope you are well. Spring is on the way.
Rhiannon
nigelswift
8112 posts

Feb 15, 2019, 15:46
I'm OK Rhiannon, thanks for the annual boost.
It's really nice today, went for my first post-Winter wander, down to the river, glad to find I hadn't deteriorated too much.

Anyway, I'm hoping to survive a while longer, having put my faith in Go....
Oh shit.
nigelswift
8112 posts

Feb 15, 2019, 16:02
Meanwhile, don't panic, Mrs May has education priorities sorted.
https://www.politicshome.com/news/uk/environment/environmental-protection/news/101866/theresa-may-takes-swipe-%E2%80%98disruptive%E2%80%99-school
tjj
tjj
3606 posts

Feb 15, 2019, 18:30
I've signed the petition. Had to give some thought to the words "We are a modern, plural, democratic society" as it doesn't feel like that at present. There is a debate to be had about faith schools in general though I guess its a hornet's nest no-one would want to prod at the moment.
nigelswift
8112 posts

Feb 15, 2019, 20:01
My friend teaches at one, doesn't matter which, the kids were incredulous he believed in evolution. That can't be right surely.
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6210 posts

Feb 15, 2019, 20:47
nigelswift wrote:
My friend teaches at one, doesn't matter which, the kids were incredulous he believed in evolution. That can't be right surely.

Good grief. We seem to be regressing. Back to primordial slime at this rate.
nigelswift
8112 posts

Feb 16, 2019, 09:45
Agreed. We insist every child has education and health care yet we allow parents to bring them up in a way that can't be good for them.
Amil04
447 posts

Feb 16, 2019, 10:15
I’m so glad sometimes I don’t have any children..it must be an absolute minefield bringing children up these days.. but then apparently they’re not your children? So says Celina Dion anyways

https://youtu.be/StQXEe4bF2c
nigelswift
8112 posts

Feb 16, 2019, 10:57
She's right, we're all links in a chain. Good parenting involves not trying to mould the next link too much in our image, maybe!
Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index