U-Know! Forum »
Justine Greening and her plan

Pages: 2 – [ Previous | 1 2 ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Rhiannon
5291 posts

Re: 4 Labour MPs just saved May
Jul 18, 2018, 08:47
At least the labour party pretend to care about the workers and their jobs. Besides, you can't call JC a 'rampant brexiteer' when he didn't campaign as a rampant brexiteer, that's just daft.
I found the news very confusing this morning, I can't tell who they're talking about any more when they say 'voted against the government', 'tory rebel', and so on. It's quite a mess.
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Jul 18, 2018, 10:40
Rhiannon wrote:
At least the labour party pretend to care about the workers and their jobs. Besides, you can't call JC a 'rampant brexiteer' when he didn't campaign as a rampant brexiteer, that's just daft.
I found the news very confusing this morning, I can't tell who they're talking about any more when they say 'voted against the government', 'tory rebel', and so on. It's quite a mess.

When has calamity corbyn ever voted to support the EU? Never. Why did he do a half arsed campaign for remain? It was the popular viewpoint and one that was supposed to have won. How many times has he let the tories off the hook over their brexit plans? Every single time! It comes to something when a tory is a better leader of the opposition over brexit than the so-called leader of the opposition. It's about time people woke up to the con man and rampant brexiteer he actually is!

It's not daft, it's reality! Yeah the labour pretend to care, but they cost just as many jobs as the tories, so they're really as bad as each other
Howburn Digger
Howburn Digger
986 posts

Jul 20, 2018, 14:37
Yes DO remember Labour. Labour counted and publicised the number of foxes killed in Engerland in one week and during the same week they refused to count the civilian dead resulting from the aerial carnage, real-life bombardment and mechanised slaughter they'd unleashed on the wholly innocent people of Iraq.

I wouldn't tire of kicking chunks out of grinning, hand-wringing, political vermin like that. I could happily wear out a few pairs of hiking boots in the process.
tjj
tjj
3606 posts

Edited Jul 21, 2018, 10:18
Jul 20, 2018, 20:35
Howburn Digger wrote:
Yes DO remember Labour. Labour counted and publicised the number of foxes killed in Engerland in one week and during the same week they refused to count the civilian dead resulting from the aerial carnage, real-life bombardment and mechanised slaughter they'd unleashed on the wholly innocent people of Iraq.

I wouldn't tire of kicking chunks out of grinning, hand-wringing, political vermin like that. I could happily wear out a few pairs of hiking boots in the process.

There you go again. I do actually agree with some of what you say but without the anti-English vitriol. You know damn well Jeremy Corbyn opposed the war in Iraq as did other prominent Labour MPs such as Robin Cook and Clare Short. The Conservatives on the other hand supported Tony Blair. I admit to falling out with the Labour Party big time during that period as did many others. Times have moved on, this is 2018 not 2003.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dwKkl7Nydw
GLADMAN
950 posts

Jul 21, 2018, 23:45
tjj wrote:
There you go again. I do actually agree with some of what you say but without the anti-English vitriol. You know damn well Jeremy Corbyn opposed the war in Iraq as did other prominent Labour MPs such as Robin Cook and Clare Short. The Conservatives on the other hand supported Tony Blair. I admit to falling out with the Labour Party big time during that period as did many others. Times have moved on, this is 2018 not 2003.

Not 1917? It is such an easy option to pretend 3 terms of the Blair government 'wasn't anything to do with us'. It was. You voted for him. No excuses.
tjj
tjj
3606 posts

Jul 22, 2018, 17:03
GLADMAN wrote:
tjj wrote:

Not 1917? It is such an easy option to pretend 3 terms of the Blair government 'wasn't anything to do with us'. It was. You voted for him. No excuses.

1917, the Russian Revolution? You will have to explain the context as too cryptic for me. What are you talking about 'no excuses' - yes I voted for Blair in 1997 but definitely not post Iraq war. Jeremy Corbyn stood up and was counted from the back benches for his opposition to the Iraq war (along with many others).
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Jul 26, 2018, 18:00
Why is it when anyone tries to defend the dross that is labour the first thing mentioned is Iraq? Iraq may be Blair's legacy but he did a whole load of other things which have benefitted the country and to just focus on one thing is, quite honestly, ignorance.

If it wasn't for Robin Cook Corbyn wouldn't have even questioned Iraq, it was Cook who spearheaded the whole movement, as usual Corbyn was just a hanger on in the right time and place.

Was Corbyn right to oppose Kosovo, thus saving the lives of over 1 million people in a genocide? If awaiting Corbyn they'd be dead! Was Corbyn right to ignore the child abuse scandal in his own constituency? Personally I'd say no.
Pages: 2 – [ Previous | 1 2 ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index