U-Know! Forum »
Out of my Mind on Microwaves and WiFi

Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Amil04
447 posts

Out of my Mind on Microwaves and WiFi
Apr 03, 2018, 15:58
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWvVeaxaWdE&sns=em

Anyone else developed tinnitus since using WiFi in the home/work?

...Or since having a smart meter installed?

I gather the forthcoming 5G is actually a relatively weak signal requiring ‘boosters’ if that’s the right term every few hundred yards or less.

The broader view.. ‘The Smart Agenda’

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JMMAptjAW8&sns=em
lawrence2
106 posts

Re: Out of my Mind on Microwaves and WiFi
Apr 03, 2018, 17:22
No because I don't use WiFi.
Amil04
447 posts

Apr 03, 2018, 21:00
lawrence2 wrote:
No because I don't use WiFi.

I’m guessing by that you mean you use an ethanet cable and have a router that has the option of turning WiFi off? Most don’t. Plugging in an ethane cable doesn’t automatically switch off the WiFi signal from the router.
Even so WiFi is all around you. Your neighbours? Your work place? Your local? At home I am in range of 15 or so WiFi signals coming from other properties.

The 5G signal struggles to pass through leafy trees, particularly when wet.
Is this really progress?
Apparently the BBC/Goverment has announced some sort of competition as to which city in the country will be the first to trial full 5G coverage. My guess was Glasgow or Edinburgh.
What’s that you say? Sheffield? Well it was a very green city till.....hah ha!
Amil04
447 posts

Apr 03, 2018, 21:27
Ah..hang on, initial verbal source regarding BBC 5G competition was out of date..
More info and locations here..

5g.co.uk/guides/what-are-5g-testbeds
Amil04
447 posts

Apr 03, 2018, 21:41
...and if you visit that page (apologies link not working) on the right hand side you will see..

‘UK’s first 5G city could arrive sooner than you might expect’ 3rd April.

Ah...Aberdeen? I wasn’t far off then perhaps when suggesting Glasgow or Edinburgh.
Scotland as I’ve mentioned before in another discussion often trials the ‘new ways’
Howburn Digger
Howburn Digger
986 posts

Apr 04, 2018, 18:36
Amil04 wrote:

‘UK’s first 5G city could arrive sooner than you might expect’ 3rd April.

Ah...Aberdeen? I wasn’t far off then perhaps when suggesting Glasgow or Edinburgh.
Scotland as I’ve mentioned before in another discussion often trials the ‘new ways’

You were very far off.

Aberdeen is fucking miles away from Edinburgh or Glasgow. It's far away from everywhere really.

You could likewise have suggested "I suggest London... oh it is actually Cardiff... perhaps maybe I wasn't so far off suggesting London then." "I suggest Brussels... oh it's actually going to be Frankfurt or Amsterdam... perhaps I wasn't so far off when I suggested Brussels."

Aiberdeen and Aiberdeenshire are another country.

PS. Though they do test drive and trial lots of stuff like Poll Tax and Depleted Uranium Shelling on Scotland.
Amil04
447 posts

Apr 04, 2018, 19:10
I didn’t mean far off in miles/distance, I meant it was somewhere in Scotland.
Amil04
447 posts

Apr 04, 2018, 19:25
Come to think of it there was and presumably still is a huge American presence in Aberdeen due to the oil industry. Correct me if I’m wrong. Possibly a factor of significance...?
U-Know! Forum Index