Howburn Digger
Howburn Digger
986 posts

Re: Eff off Cable you cheap piece of rubbish
Apr 09, 2018, 21:41
Locodogz wrote:
Howburn Digger wrote:
Locodogz wrote:
Obviously the televised footage of people professing that view was an illuminati conspiracy...........tin hats anyone?!?!

I can view a televised clip of many American taken shortly after 911. They were shown a map of New Zealand and asked whether the US should invade it from the North or the South in a retaliation for 911.
They sometimes pointed to the North Island of NZ and said "The South". And sometimes they pointed and said "The North". Sometimes it was the same confused manner with "The South" island.

That was for f*cking real and that is television for you. It is an excellent thing to measure vox pop with.

Irrelevant diversion.

I was merely pointing out that I had seen televised footage of people professing that this was their reason for voting. Ergo they don't purely exist in Nigel's (and Vince Cable's) minds as you had suggested. Beyond this I make no comment on the relative merits of their utterances.

Okay show us the televised footage then, the many clips with people professing a "nostalgic longing" for "white faces". In fact show me one broadcast clip. If you can show me one single broadcast clip then you can show me that this represents the views of one person. And one person only.
I hardly think even one clip is sufficient to claim that any such views are representative of any kind of "unmeasured" number of people who exist in a couple of people's heads.

I say show us all the broadcast clips that you claim to have watched where people are professing a nostalgic longing for white faces.
And I call horse-sh*t to the idea that there is an " (unmeasured) number of people in Midlands towns who supported Brexit and still do on the simple grounds it will mean Poles, Muslims and refugees will be sent home." Says who... oh yeah... him. That guy there.

I would say there is an ACTUAL measured number of people in Midlands towns who supported Brexit. You can actually check the voting returns. You should get a fairly precise number. As for the individual reasons why each individual person actually voted... I think your understanding of those reasons must lie entirely within you and a couple of others fevered imaginations. Unless your "experience" allows you to claim some kind of mass-population mind-reading skills.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index