HEY REMAINERS!!!!!!

Pages: 6 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
karmageddon
9 posts

Edited Feb 17, 2017, 23:14
HEY REMAINERS!!!!!!
Feb 17, 2017, 23:13
So, are y'all really happy to have the man tony blair on you're side now?
EU we love you!!!!
Kinda funny.
Sin Agog
Sin Agog
2253 posts

Re: HEY REMAINERS!!!!!!
Feb 17, 2017, 23:42
*nimbly steps over the line in the sand separating his fellow countrymen to give karmageddon a heartfelt hug*

It's alright, man. I love you.
Toni Torino
2299 posts

Feb 18, 2017, 00:41
Nice x
Sin Agog
Sin Agog
2253 posts

Edited Feb 18, 2017, 09:15
Feb 18, 2017, 07:46
Was looking through a book of Andre Breton art yesterday and thought those dada cats are onto something. All these peoples arguing are following a linear attack/response/attack/response thread. You killed my uncle, I'll kill your aunt. The dadas were more like: you killed my uncle, I'll deface a photo of Sir Isaac Newton's head to look like a crow. You can't respond to that. The war is over before it even started. Even if you're pumped up full of passion on this stuff, sometimes it's best to just break the thread. Could see where this was headed, and what's the point? You look at your kids playing at Go Bananas or the local park, and they will instantly make friends with other children solely because they're both children and alive. Adults could probably be like that too if we slung our hubris on the saloon door before entering into conversation.

Or, quoth noted sages, Bill & Ted, "Be excellent to each other!"
phallus dei
583 posts

Feb 18, 2017, 17:15
Sin Agog wrote:
Was looking through a book of Andre Breton art yesterday and thought those dada cats are onto something. All these peoples arguing are following a linear attack/response/attack/response thread. You killed my uncle, I'll kill your aunt. The dadas were more like: you killed my uncle, I'll deface a photo of Sir Isaac Newton's head to look like a crow. You can't respond to that. The war is over before it even started. Even if you're pumped up full of passion on this stuff, sometimes it's best to just break the thread. Could see where this was headed, and what's the point?

Dada was a specific historical response to the horrors of WWI. So as to call into question the "logic" of the elites which led Western "civilization" to near-destruction, Dadaists deliberately framed their dialogue in non-logical, absurdist ways.

Although our society is certainly in bad shape, we're not yet at a cataclysm. I still have hope that logical, well-reasoned debate can save us (or at least delay our self-destruction). To me, resorting to Dada at present is premature. I find the growing trend to not debate at all, or to "respond" to a debate with a nonsensical, irrelevant comment, extremely troubling.

Perhaps after the neo-cons/neo-liberals lead us into an unnecessary war with Russia, the few of us who survive can engage in Dada then.
Sin Agog
Sin Agog
2253 posts

Feb 18, 2017, 19:46
Monkey banana kitchen.
Sin Agog
Sin Agog
2253 posts

Edited Feb 18, 2017, 20:46
Feb 18, 2017, 20:08
Well, personally, it takes a huge amount of effort to drag myself into the present. I'm more of a stuffy history professor and [in]fantasist at heart, so whenever I'm forced to debate about geopolitical this and thats it's always like pulling teeth trying to form an opinion, which basically ends up being a gut reaction expounded into words. I will say that I have actually paraphrased some of what you've said about various neocon figureheads in person a few times lately after it gave me pause for thought. Maybe you were born with a personal proclivity towards intense debate and poring over the minutiae of world events, and to expect everyone else to suddenly develop a nature foreign to them is a tad unfair?
phallus dei
583 posts

Feb 19, 2017, 03:33
Sorry if I seemed like a jerk in my previous comment. Probably debating over the internet adds an unintended stridency to my posts. I don't know if I have any "natural proclivity" towards debate, though I do feel strongly about world affairs. And one of the things that woke me up, all those years ago (back in high school for me), was probably the same thing that spoke to a lot of us here - Cope's incredibly detailed and inspiring liner notes for Peggy, Jehovahkill, etc. Stuff like that made me eager to learn. I still remember that amazing quote in Peggy Suicide - Cope referring to a professor who said something like, "It's the duty of every citizen to know when to obey and disobey their government." (Wow, I just realized that I was 15 when I read that... and 41 now.) As I got older I came to realize that I didn't have any real skill in music or art; though, like everyone else, I was able to think, to feel, to judge. That's all debate is to me. Maybe I'm wrong about everything. But as a fellow human living in these dangerous times, I have the responsibility to give the "best opinion" I can. Maybe together, we'll figure things out.
wychburyman
951 posts

Feb 19, 2017, 07:54
Sin Agog wrote:
*nimbly steps over the line in the sand separating his fellow countrymen to give karmageddon a heartfelt hug*

It's alright, man. I love you.

A perfect answer.
Rhiannon
5291 posts

Feb 19, 2017, 09:50
The other day in a union meeting we were going through letters from people seeking a nomination to seats on various national committees. And one of them had various grammatical errors, and I pointed it out because I thought it looked unchecked and like they didn't really care. I was rapidly and probably rightly put in my place -"there are many reasons why someone might not have high standards of written English, Rhiannon." Indeed, like problems when they were at school, or it being their second language, or they have dyslexia or something.

But sometimes, like
"on you're side now"
do you wonder if it's just because they're too much of a dolt. And then what are other people supposed to conclude about the political opinion being put forward. I suppose grammar nazis are part of the metropolitan elite and their so-called experts. We shouldn't let Europe tell us how to spell things, the bastards.
Pages: 6 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index