our racist prince

Pages: 13 – [ Previous | 16 7 8 9 10 11 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
joudicca
joudicca
360 posts

Re: our racist prince
Jan 16, 2009, 13:04
my mullet? kettle/black ......erm i mean slightly dirty and sooty, erm i mean, darkened by the coal......whatever!!!!
shanshee_allures
2563 posts

Jan 16, 2009, 13:25
See there's this thing I wish would go away full stop.
It sort of begins at the playground and if parents could be even half arsed ending it there the world may be 'a better place'.
At a birthday party last summer my daughter (who was then 4) was trying to get on this bouncy castle thingie, and as her co-ordination is a bit wonky (not to any 'medical' level as such) she couldn't jump on it too well and all the kids shouted 'scaredy cat' and she burst into tears and NOT ONE parent thought to ask them to stop it.
She doesn't call anyone 'names' and all this pish about 'oh it's a cruel world' etc is so easily stopped.
We want to keep going this basic level of bullying as if the world can't operate any other way. Why?
If she gets picked on again, I won't say 'do it back' I'll let her know what idiot's they're being and that she's the one with the brains and only to speak to those nice kids out there and ignore the assholes, which seems to be working well for her.
x
nigelswift
8112 posts

Jan 16, 2009, 13:45
Fair enough, and to bring it further up to date nearly all British subjects became citizens under the 1981 Act and no-one can now be both. The fact remains though, we are all still referred to as subjects in a lot of current statutes drafted pre-1981 and it ain't right or grown up.

Constitutional monarchy and a parliamentary system aren't bad ways of running a country but in truth would be just as efficient if "The Queen" was an annually and randomly selected tramp....
"Our tramp" has a certain satisfying pythonesque ring to it. God Save Our Tramp.
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7717 posts

Edited Jan 16, 2009, 14:03
Jan 16, 2009, 14:03
nigelswift wrote:
randomly selected tramp

That'll be 'homeless person' then.
cHARLIE
cHARLIE
2607 posts

Jan 16, 2009, 14:09
(((runs fer cover while waving his woNd about)))
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

Edited Jan 16, 2009, 14:18
Jan 16, 2009, 14:17
No. Just someone they can keep on message by showing a photos of Parisienne tunnels too.

*boo-yakka!*
stray
stray
2057 posts

Edited Jan 16, 2009, 14:43
Jan 16, 2009, 14:41
I'd just like to say that anyone in this thread railing against Political correctness is a fucking arsehole. I could explain further but Stewart Lee does it better.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=K21e7po1Sro

As for racist, ironic, and other offensive epithets within the military the best point of reference explaining it (as it being er.. possibly..non racist) is in the book 'Generation Kill'. Its shown in the TV series at the end of episode 6, I'll try and rip the audio out of it and upload it later. I have come accross it myself working inside the MoD here and there, it's erm... really hard to explain it to people so I'm going to fail I'm afraid.

Edit : oops, replied in the wrong spot, this isnt aimed at you deeps.
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

Jan 16, 2009, 14:47
I remember Stewart Lee tearing a new one for Germaine Greer and the Radio 4 audience on Heresy about that. Got strange looks on the bus for cheering out loud.

stray wrote:
the book 'Generation Kill'. Its shown in the TV series

Oh, I've got that to watch. Had forgotten about it.
stray
stray
2057 posts

Jan 16, 2009, 15:00
anthonyqkiernan wrote:
I remember Stewart Lee tearing a new one for Germaine Greer and the Radio 4 audience on Heresy about that. Got strange looks on the bus for cheering out loud.

stray wrote:
the book 'Generation Kill'. Its shown in the TV series

Oh, I've got that to watch. Had forgotten about it.

That radio clip is up on youtube too
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=1IYx4Bc6_eE

Generation Kill is very good, we watched it a few months ago.
geoffrey_prime
geoffrey_prime
758 posts

Jan 16, 2009, 18:29
Sorry I have offended you - not deliberate. I think anyone with even slightly right wing views is on a hiding to nothing on HH...and obviously my poor attempt at humour seems to have failed miserably too.
Anyway, I think I'll stick to Unsung in the future...anytime I have strayed into anything political ..it always seems to end in tears.
If our paths ever cross, I look fwd. to buying u a beer...and demonstrating that I really am not a ponce or tory fuck.
Pages: 13 – [ Previous | 16 7 8 9 10 11 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index