Register
U-Know! Forum »
All these lay offs...

Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Moon Cat
9577 posts

All these lay offs...
May 08, 2006, 13:40
..and not just the one's you hear about nationally like Rover & the NHS etc. There's loads of local firms getting rid of folk that never makes the main news.

Does anyone smell...recession?
Killer
255 posts

Edited May 09, 2006, 10:52
Re: All these lay offs...
May 08, 2006, 14:01
Rumour mill at our place (ntl) is running at full speed this afternoon, looks that 6000 job cuts will be announced tommorow, that would make around 15,000 over the 5 years I have been there

6000 job cuts jut confirmed, approx 1500 will be transfer of staff through outsourcing the remainder are expected to be natural wastage, looks like this is going to be a shitty place to work over the next few months while they try to really piss us off and make us go of our own free will
tucker lyons
tucker lyons
93 posts

May 08, 2006, 15:52
so...who are you shaggin there?

tucker
micmacmoc
micmacmoc
288 posts

May 09, 2006, 09:21
certainly smells like recession here in the south west, slowest start to the season anyone can remember here in mevagissey, expecting restaurant and pubs to close. Meanwhile we are pestered daily by people wanting to work in our shop, never happened before as much as now. Nhs being the biggest employer in cornwall....redundancies from them and apparently the eden project which is cornwall's second biggest employer. Hard Times ahead?
Lets tax airline fuel and get everyone off the planes and in their caravans.......oh no!
Moon Cat
9577 posts

May 09, 2006, 09:42
I should add that I sincerely HOPE the "R" word isn't on the way. much as I enjoy seeing Blair and his cronies look like a shower of shite - I'm looking for work now and I remember how it was in the 80's and early 90's when we last had a major (Major?) recession.
But it don't half have that 'feel' in the air as if the "R" word is looming. Not that New Laboured would ever admit to such a thing of course.
tucker lyons
tucker lyons
93 posts

May 09, 2006, 13:59
then again i spose a Depression would be worse than a Recession

i suggest we just have a session

tucker
U-Know! Forum Index