Merrick....

79 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Merrick
Merrick
2148 posts

Re: Merrick....
Nov 02, 2005, 17:26
The articles make it abundantly clear what I'm for. It's only a twist of language to say 'they're all against something' and imply it's all negativity.

An anti-war article is negative in the sense of being against something, but not in terms of the overtones that come with saying it's just negative; it's not negativity.

The articles that oppose things are all clearly for the things that would come in the place of the things they oppose. They all make clear what the alternatives are.

Off the top of my head and as is surely clear from my writing, I am for people living within their ecological limits, I am for people respecting the right of future generations to be able to have the basics of life, I am for people being encouraged to question the things they're told, being encourage to think critically and share their opinions, I am for people having the right to directly affect the things that directly affect them, i am for maintaining biodiversity, I am for people taking responsibility for the consequences of their actions, realising the provenence and consequence of their deeds and acting as if the effects on others mattered, I am for people being able to do whatever they want with themsleves if it doesn't harm anyone else, I am for treating the planet like it's the only one we've got, like it can provide us with all we need if we treat it right, and trusting that people are smart enough to get that and compassionate enough to act on it.

Amongst other things.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index