Labour conferance

Pages: 11 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7720 posts

Re: true. lies.
Oct 03, 2005, 20:10
You don't say. Or maybe you do. You'll never tell. Or you'll tell us you did tell us and then refuse to say where or when. Or not.
morfe
morfe
2992 posts

Oct 03, 2005, 20:22
"Morfe had a prime opportunity to educate himself by chatting with me"

Oh, I'm ejumacated orlright.
Lawrence
9547 posts

Oct 03, 2005, 23:06
Then again nothing is true, all is permitted, right?
morfe
morfe
2992 posts

Oct 04, 2005, 08:55
Yes Mike, we know that you are a reptile, and superior to us 'Ford Fiesta' models (as you charmingly put it.) We also know that we are lied to by politicians and that certain schools teach us that Columbus was a nice man etc etc.

What they don't teach is to look out for individuals waving swastikas about with a poor line in "the end of the world is nigh" and "ye are doomed" and the best of all:

"ignorance is stupidity" (Mike Croley, 2005)

So no, I don't believe you, pooey pants, and I'll gladly be called stupid by you than truly believe that you are actually a lizard. I'm one of those weirdies who likes to see some sort of proof to believe such stuff. Of course, if you don't believe the textbooks at schoool, or your own eyes and ears, there's always Mr Icke who will sell you some Truth?

No matter how many Plato-tudes you drag out of the cupboard in order to add some ancient 'gravitas', it still boils down to you calling me stupid for not believing you.
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

Oct 04, 2005, 10:49
>>he's not that bright so he gets angry through ignorance

That made me snirk, too.
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7720 posts

Oct 04, 2005, 11:49
Sometimes a lunatic and a fool is just that.

Eh, mike?
morfe
morfe
2992 posts

Oct 04, 2005, 12:04
Cock off, Kiernan!

;-p
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

Oct 04, 2005, 12:12
BTW. You made me dig out my Best Of Saki book last night. Read so much of it (admittedly while demolishing some vino) that I was late for work this morning. Probably the most worthwhile thing I'll do this week.
Rolling Ronnie
Rolling Ronnie
1468 posts

Oct 04, 2005, 12:29
Mike, what you believe and your opinion are not 'The Truth'. They are your beliefs and opinions.
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7720 posts

Oct 04, 2005, 12:52
If the world continues to take the worrying turn that we've seen in the last 50 years, it's possible that your beliefs and opinions may at some point coincide with what is considered to be the truth at that time.

That's about it.
Pages: 11 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index