The Dig

Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

The Dig
Jan 29, 2021, 13:53
Just watched this film on Netflix where it was released today. Brilliant Sutton Hoo discovery story with an excellent cast.

https://youtu.be/cbbmVuLTF2g

Enjoy...
jb lamptoast-morsley
jb lamptoast-morsley
2447 posts

Re: The Dig
Jan 29, 2021, 18:39
Hey Roy, how's it going? Will check it out. Those buggers at Netflix are putting up subscriptions again I see.
ryaner
ryaner
679 posts

Jan 29, 2021, 20:00
Going to dig in to it later. ;-)
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

Jan 29, 2021, 20:02
Hi Sam
Long time no see.
All well here thank you and hope you and yours are the same and not going stir crazy :-).

I think it's Netflix taking full advantage of the lockdown and TV working overtime during them!

Enjoy the film

Cheers, Roy
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

Jan 29, 2021, 20:03
ryaner wrote:
Going to dig in to it later. ;-)

Groan :-)
tjj
tjj
3606 posts

Jan 29, 2021, 23:42
Yes, superb little film. Liked that Basil Brown, excavator and self taught archaeologist, was given prominence. And that he said near the end of the film "from the first human hand print on a cave wall" - we continue.
ryaner
ryaner
679 posts

Jan 30, 2021, 01:04
Very enjoyable. Love Ralph Fiennes. Would have preferred a bit more on the archaeology obvs, but how you gonna sell that to Joe and Josephine Netflix?
moss
moss
2897 posts

Jan 30, 2021, 11:00
Lovely to see you again Roy. Gave up on Netflix, so can't see it, though have been a couple of times in foul weather to see the barrows. Then of course down that part of the world Seahenge. Now there's a film in the making!
tjj
tjj
3606 posts

Jan 31, 2021, 10:03
The film has generally been reviewed favourably although the Radio Times describes it as 'vanilla' (had to look that one up as new to me). The weekend 'i' reports that the mounds are to undergo a scan using state-of-the-art magnetometry equipment this year to try to ascertain what secrets the land is yet to yield.
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

Jan 31, 2021, 13:56
tjj wrote:
The film has generally been reviewed favourably although the Radio Times describes it as 'vanilla' (had to look that one up as new to me). The weekend 'i' reports that the mounds are to undergo a scan using state-of-the-art magnetometry equipment this year to try to ascertain what secrets the land is yet to yield.

Hi tjj
Well they have certainly taken their time getting around to surveying it all. We were helping out a friend who surveyed all the sites TimeSeekers were working on until the first lockdown and it is very exciting. With its use we discovered and exposed an unrecorded embanked stone circle (very rare) and what has shown to be an Avenue of stones although that has yet to be confirmed.
Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index