The Modern Antiquarian Forum »
Tony Harding R.I.P

Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Rockabilly
Rockabilly
206 posts

Tony Harding R.I.P
Nov 29, 2020, 18:32
I've just found out that an old HH member, Tony Harding recently died. I will remember fondly walking around Avebury with him.
tjj
tjj
3606 posts

Edited Nov 29, 2020, 19:08
Re: Tony Harding R.I.P
Nov 29, 2020, 19:05
Rockabilly wrote:
I've just found out that an old HH member, Tony Harding recently died. I will remember fondly walking around Avebury with him.

Is that the same Tony Harding that was a member of the long defunct Avebury Forum. I was once a member and am still in touch with one or two people but not Tony. Needless to say am sorry and a bit shocked to hear he has died, it sounds quite sudden.
Rockabilly
Rockabilly
206 posts

Nov 29, 2020, 19:36
tjj wrote:
Rockabilly wrote:

Is that the same Tony Harding that was a member of the long defunct Avebury Forum. I was once a member and am still in touch with one or two people but not Tony. Needless to say am sorry and a bit shocked to hear he has died, it sounds quite sudden.

Yes that's him. I was just thinking I hadn't seen any posts from him on FB so checked his page only to find the sad news. He had been ill with COPD.
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6216 posts

Nov 29, 2020, 22:06
That's very sad news, I also remember Tony, he was a good guy to chat to. Condolences to his family.
harestonesdown
1067 posts

Nov 30, 2020, 18:38
Tony was a good friend to myself and many others. He went about things a certain way, shot from the hip and didn't tolerate fools. Very much a family in every way and greatly missed.
He posted here under various names over the years. None of which
I can remember of the top of my head.
I miss his daily Facebook posts hugely.
R. I. P my friend.. Till we meet again. X
tjj
tjj
3606 posts

Edited Dec 01, 2020, 23:24
Dec 01, 2020, 14:51
harestonesdown wrote:
Tony was a good friend to myself and many others. He went about things a certain way, shot from the hip and didn't tolerate fools. Very much a family in every way and greatly missed.
He posted here under various names over the years. None of which
I can remember of the top of my head.
I miss his daily Facebook posts hugely.
R. I. P my friend.. Till we meet again. X

A lovely tribute Geoff, I lost touch with him years ago though I do well recall meeting him and his wife out at Avebury with a group of others - they kindly gave me a lift home. Like so many people who used to post here he was nothing like his forum persona in real life. I don't think he ever posted under his real name anywhere except the Avebury Forum so I doubt if many people would know who he is. My condolences to his wife, family and friends - yourself x
The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index