The Modern Antiquarian Forum »
Craig Weatherhill RIP

Topic View: Flat | Threaded
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6214 posts

Craig Weatherhill RIP
Jul 26, 2020, 11:23
Very sad to hear that Craig Weatherhill has died. He produced wonderful books about Cornwall's prehistory and was a passionate advocate of the Cornish language and its preservation in place-names. Craig occasionally visited TMA and always added greatly with his contributions and comments. His books Belerion and Cornovia come with me whenever I go to Cornwall, like Burl and Cope he was one of the major inspirations behind me getting out and seeing places.

https://mobile.twitter.com/LenSheppard7/status/1287016523362639873/photo/1
Moth
Moth
5236 posts

Re: Craig Weatherhill RIP
Jul 26, 2020, 13:26
:o(
tjj
tjj
3606 posts

Edited Jul 26, 2020, 17:32
Jul 26, 2020, 17:18
thesweetcheat wrote:
Very sad to hear that Craig Weatherhill has died. He produced wonderful books about Cornwall's prehistory and was a passionate advocate of the Cornish language and its preservation in place-names. Craig occasionally visited TMA and always added greatly with his contributions and comments. His books Belerion and Cornovia come with me whenever I go to Cornwall, like Burl and Cope he was one of the major inspirations behind me getting out and seeing places.

https://mobile.twitter.com/LenSheppard7/status/1287016523362639873/photo/1

Sad news. Sincere condolences to his family and friends. Although I am familiar with his name I haven't actually read any of his books but will rectify this (Cornovia looks like a must read). Am one of the many people who had my trip to west Cornwall earlier in the year postponed until 2021 so plenty of time to read some of his books. Looking up information about him just now I noted the Wikipedia entry for him is in Cornish.
formicaant
35 posts

Jul 27, 2020, 23:38
Very sad to hear this, I never met Craig but did correspond with him, he was extremely helpful in identifying Cornish sites.
texlahoma
texlahoma
891 posts

Aug 22, 2020, 12:46
Craigs books have travlled with me to Cornwall on many occasions. Essential books on my travlels and very much loved and used.
juamei
juamei
2013 posts

Aug 26, 2020, 17:35
I've been an internet friend of Craig's for years, got on well with him and I'll miss him. Great loss to Cornwall and a sad day x
drewbhoy
drewbhoy
2557 posts

Aug 27, 2020, 09:04
I have read these, sad news indeed. RIP :-(
The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index