The Modern Antiquarian Forum »
Time Team episodes on CH4

Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

Time Team episodes on CH4
Mar 27, 2020, 19:20
I've no idea if I'm late on this but I noticed on CH4 On Demand that they are showing every episode of every series of Time Team.
https://www.channel4.com/programmes/time-team/episode-guide

Keep safe everyone
thelonious
330 posts

Re: Time Team episodes on CH4
Mar 27, 2020, 22:40
Nice spot, thanks.
scubi63
463 posts

Apr 01, 2020, 19:01
Found the Seahenge episode (Time Team Special 03) on Vimeo. Pretty poor quality but watchable.
Rhiannon
5291 posts

Apr 02, 2020, 13:21
Scubi! Hope you are keeping well.
Just before the lockdown I had the rare occasion to drive past Stonehenge. It was a strange sight to see with no tourists round it in broad daylight. (That was a Wiltshire remark rather than a totally random one).
nigelswift
8112 posts

Apr 02, 2020, 14:30
Just think, you might be seeing the last few "Turner views" of the stones ever: distant, majestic and isolated. Next it'll be distant but crowded and after that no distant view at all.
nigelswift
8112 posts

Apr 02, 2020, 14:32
A picture would be nice. For the Journal and posterity ;)
scubi63
463 posts

Apr 06, 2020, 14:43
I am all good thanks Rh.

I have been lucky enough to enter the stones out of hours, free of charge and with hardly anybody there, twice in recent years. Last time was observing the last lunar eclipse with my local Astronomy group and was a wonderful experience.

The stones are magnificent when you are close up and personal which you do not get from a distance (although they are more enigmatic then) and would recommend anyone to have this experience at some point in their lives...even if it means spending some money to do it.
The SH landscape is changing again as it will do many times over its existence but right at this moment is probably the time to see it as it is supposed to be....shame we can't go though.
The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index