The Modern Antiquarian Forum »
Transfer images between sites

Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
costaexpress
77 posts

Transfer images between sites
Nov 12, 2019, 10:12
Nucleus and myself are trying to tidy up a few of the German sites and I need to transfer images from sites I set up before deleting the site. At the moment I cant find any other way other than reposting them, does anyone know if there is a better method?
TMA Ed
615 posts

Re: Transfer images between sites
Nov 13, 2019, 09:44
That's excellent, thank you. If you've not done the swaps already, if you want to give a list of the posts numbers and the site numbers you want them to go to, I could do it relatively easily.
For example,
a picture in Nebel 2 and you want it in Nebel 1:
168269 to 19517

Thank you,
TMA Ed.
costaexpress
77 posts

Nov 13, 2019, 11:42
Hi, trust all is well

Many thanks for your kind offer to transfer images between sites. There are 3 sites left that Nucleus and I would like to see moved

Site 19342 move images to 19507 - Munkwolstrup Langbett 1

Site 19359 move images to 19514 - Poeppendorf Huenengrab

Site 19347 move images to 19515 - Suederbrarup Gabhuegel Kummerhy

Once again many thanks for your assistance

Kind regards

Derek
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6213 posts

Nov 13, 2019, 12:22
I see Ed has responded already, but you may not know that you can move posts between sites by clicking the "edit" link on the photo. You just need to enter the correct site number into the New Site ID field and click "update".
ryaner
ryaner
679 posts

Nov 13, 2019, 12:49
That’s handy to know tsc, but, correct me if I’m wrong, it only works with images that you yourself have uploaded. Or put another way, you can only ‘edit’ you own photos. No?
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6213 posts

Nov 13, 2019, 13:00
Yes, I think so. It won't let costa move Nucleus' photos, if that's what he's trying to do - sorry, I wasn't really paying attention to what was being asked :)
costaexpress
77 posts

Nov 13, 2019, 14:34
Thanks everyone, I was trying to move my photos into the new sites Nucleus has created (well, improved versions of the sites I had created earlier), his admin is rather better than mine and he wanted to ensure the site details were complete.
ryaner
ryaner
679 posts

Nov 13, 2019, 15:30
thesweetcheat wrote:
Yes, I think so. It won't let costa move Nucleus' photos, if that's what he's trying to do - sorry, I wasn't really paying attention to what was being asked :)

No need for sorry my friend. I’ve just got even more insanely pedantic in these lying alternative facts blonde bombshell days.
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6213 posts

Nov 13, 2019, 18:38
ryaner wrote:
No need for sorry my friend. I’ve just got even more insanely pedantic in these lying alternative facts blonde bombshell days.

Hahaha! :)
TMA Ed
615 posts

Nov 13, 2019, 20:50
No problem, Derek. I hope those are ok now. You ought to be able to delete the original sites now, if that's what you want.
Thank you. It's great to see sites from across Europe.
TMA Ed.
Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index