The Modern Antiquarian Forum »
Wild Ruins BC

Topic View: Flat | Threaded
spencer
spencer
3070 posts

Wild Ruins BC
Mar 26, 2019, 22:36
...is the title of a newish book I've just seen on t'innernet by Dave Hamilton - foreward by Francis Pryor - that looks like a good and cheap intro to our fave hobby, over 260 sites and nice pix. Reckon I'm going to shell out, have a sniff and form your own opinions. Just saying..
spencer
spencer
3070 posts

Re: Wild Ruins BC
Mar 27, 2019, 09:57
Publishers blurb gives you the jist. TMA, nope, never sets out to be. But looks pretty multifunctional and sound. http://wildthingspublishing.com
tomatoman
118 posts

Mar 27, 2019, 11:22
Very good info here on the book!
spencer
spencer
3070 posts

Mar 27, 2019, 12:58
Ar. . interesting sections like 'best sites to take kids' etc..and they seem to publish other good stuff too. Multiple wallet openings I reckon.
Howburn Digger
Howburn Digger
986 posts

Mar 27, 2019, 19:20
I found a copy in my birthday pile recently. It's a wee gazeteer. No TMA - but a wee tome for the driver door of the motor. Or the glove compartment.

Limited information. Not an exhaustive list in any way, shape or form. A paragraph or so on each site (eg. total of 7 sites in Dumfries and Galloway) and a photo of each site.
costaexpress
77 posts

Mar 31, 2019, 13:51
Nice little book, great starting point for anyone with a passing interest, not as comprehensive as the Old Stones, although often with more detail about the sites and not as engaging as Julian's legacy, however, nice and clear, well laid out and not just the usual suspects, overall a good addition, pleased I bought it. (Cannot comment on accuracy at this stage not that I have any reason to doubt)
The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index