Pages: 44 – [ Previous | 124 25 26 27 28 29 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

Re: Trethevy Quoit in danger
Mar 08, 2013, 20:57
bladup wrote:
Trouble is we're into Roy's book Zone again, what you'd be making is the secret of the book.

There is no reason whatsoever why nobody else shouldn't do it Paul. I don't hold a copyright to making models :-)
bladup
bladup
1986 posts

Mar 08, 2013, 21:02
No but it's only right because we're talking about it because of your book, i suppose it might be quite interesting for you to see if somebody who knows a bit like Geoff would end up at the same conclusion as you though Roy.
harestonesdown
1067 posts

Mar 08, 2013, 21:02
bladup wrote:
Trouble is we're into Roy's book Zone again, what you'd be making is the secret of the book.

Fair do's. Just a thought. :)
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

Mar 08, 2013, 21:06
tiompan wrote:

But I think it occupies the same position and function as it did originally .

I don't. Look at it VERY, VERY carefully. I have an advantage over you as I can look at it closely all round and observe its shape. Look at its profile in Dymond's ground plan. That's all I'm saying but all will be revealed soon.
harestonesdown
1067 posts

Re: Just messing.
Mar 08, 2013, 21:23
bladup wrote:
No but it's only right because we're talking about it because of your book, i suppose it might be quite interesting for you to see if somebody who knows a bit like Geoff would end up at the same conclusion as you though Roy.

http://i50.tinypic.com/fnfsqd.jpg

:)
bladup
bladup
1986 posts

Mar 08, 2013, 21:53
harestonesdown wrote:
bladup wrote:

Great, that capstone looks a lot more balanced.
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

Mar 08, 2013, 21:54
bladup wrote:

This thread is not about the book it's about the quoit being in danger, it's just morphed into the book now as most threads wander off the point and I've not helped in this case by keep offering titbits.
harestonesdown
1067 posts

Mar 08, 2013, 22:06
bladup wrote:
harestonesdown wrote:
bladup wrote:

I know little about the quoit Paul, though looking at pics on google that front blocking stone looks un-natural there. Has anyone suggested or is it accepted etc that it was placed there later and the capstone raised to accommodate it ?
I really should have kept up with this thread. :)
bladup
bladup
1986 posts

Mar 08, 2013, 22:17
It's done really well to stay on Trethevy hasn't it? I myself was talking about Zennor earlier, it didn't even cross my mind to start a new thread because it was still about quoits but to others it may be going off topic, peoples opinions are so different on everything, and there's that many rules/do's and don'ts in this forum to keep up with them all, I mean i got into trouble yesterday for saying ladies not woman but in lincolnshire the lasses are happy to be called Ladies but don't like woman so much, clearly to others it's the other way around, how are people supposed to know what will upset an individual, would you think the word Ladies could be insulting? because it isn't where i come from.
bladup
bladup
1986 posts

Mar 08, 2013, 22:21
harestonesdown wrote:
bladup wrote:
harestonesdown wrote:
bladup wrote:

I know little about the quoit Paul, though looking at pics on google that front blocking stone looks un-natural there. Has anyone suggested or is it accepted etc that it was placed there later and the capstone raised to accommodate it ?
I really should have kept up with this thread. :)

The place never feels right to me when i'm there and maybe Roys book will give me the answer i've wondered about since first thinking - that isn't right in 2002.
Pages: 44 – [ Previous | 124 25 26 27 28 29 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index