29 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Simon Crook
9 posts

Edited Aug 09, 2012, 22:06
Re: Witch Burial Site Under Threat
Aug 01, 2012, 11:05
Hi Moss, Hi Rhiannon,
Thank you for your kind replies... I wasn't sure what to expect after the last time. Yes 'amber lady' was the one - similar modus operandi to a certain poster (an admin, I think) on PN. In fact, I drew 30 times more hostility when I raised the Kitnocks issue on a Pagan Network forum and couldn't fathom why, even being accused of being a Discordian troll, a hippie, would-be eco-warrior, etc. Actually, I've got my own ideas why the admins there were generally hostile (not all were), but that would be a distraction...

I think it's sphagnum... comparing the pictures I took with other pictures of the real thing. The owner wants to build a terrace of three houses - one three-bedroomed and two two-bedroomed, a small plot to cram these in, so much potential for irreversible damage. I contacted the Local paper, but after an initial flurry of interest they seem to have gone quiet.

The Council are determined that the development should proceed, hence the 'Footpath-Stopping-Up Order'. The objections are delaying development.

There is much local concern, but it's quite muted, as the developer is a local employer (the building trade, also owns Shedfield Equestrian down the road).

Thanks again.
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index