This topic is locked

Pages: 67 – [ Previous | 161 62 63 64 65 66 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
goffik
goffik
3926 posts

Re: Mr Carr
Jul 31, 2007, 15:06
Ach - the wells website's a long way off even being STARTED yet! :D Wish I'd never blummen mentioned it... ;o)

Anyhoo.

Yeah - I couldn't agree more that a good healthy argument can throw up some interesting facts - and I think that's the problem! The so-called antagonists have nothing to say! They just want an argument! About anything! Damn - too many exclamation marks... ;o)

Ah, well. I really didn't want to say owt cos I know it's waaay off topic for this 'ere place, but I do think LS gets an unnecessarily bad rap. He's a great guy who cares a lot for these sites. And as far as I can tell, that's nothing to have a go at anyone for. Not that you are - I know you get fed up with the retorts, but come on... wouldn't you?

Maybe a bit more tolerance toward the more "out there" aspects wouldn't go amiss, but again, those who have appeared fairly recently with such topics of conversation have tended to be exactly the type of people I've described! There's ways and means of going about these things...

But not to worry - I shall take your advice and "piss off"! ;o)

Back in me hole, I think...

G x
Paulus
Paulus
769 posts

Jul 31, 2007, 15:13
Hi Goff -

goffik wrote:
But not to worry - I shall take your advice and "piss off"! ;o)
G x

I truly didn't mean that in any personal way - it was a slightly irreverent generalisation. Twasn't directed at you - soz if it came across that way.

Cheers - Paul
goffik
goffik
3926 posts

Jul 31, 2007, 15:16
Paulus wrote:
I truly didn't mean that in any personal way - it was a slightly irreverent generalisation. Twasn't directed at you - soz if it came across that way.

As it 'appens, I didn't think you WERE aiming it at me, so no worries! :D

I really will stay out of this particular thang now, however, while the going's good!

Thanks for clearing it up, tho... :o)

G x
Paulus
Paulus
769 posts

Jul 31, 2007, 15:25
Me again!

goffik wrote:

Ah, well. I really didn't want to say owt cos I know it's waaay off topic for this 'ere place, but I do think LS gets an unnecessarily bad rap. He's a great guy who cares a lot for these sites. And as far as I can tell, that's nothing to have a go at anyone for. Not that you are - I know you get fed up with the retorts, but come on... wouldn't you?

I think at times the fella's his own worse enemy - and although I've not met him, the impression across the Net aint good. We'd clash pretty quickly as I'm rather intolerant of intolerant people (if y' get what I mean!). And, though I hear what you're saying about him, the way he responds at times is with an overtly supercilious attitude - much of which he appears to actually enjoy. Of course, there's nowt wrong with that, if that's what you wanna be - but it's gonna cause trouble and strife from some folk - me included! I deal with retorts in a wider manner, depending on their nature and substance. Of course, this doesn't necessarily abate things, but wider parameters obviously help.

goffik wrote:
Maybe a bit more tolerance toward the more "out there" aspects wouldn't go amiss, but again, those who have appeared fairly recently with such topics of conversation have tended to be exactly the type of people I've described! There's ways and means of going about these things...

Couldn't agree more. We sometimes find things getting stuck into one way of looking at reality (a very modern Western ego-centred perspective) which doesn't necessarily bode well as a means to explore things from the past.

Anyway, I'll shurrup for t' time being.

All the best - Paul
Rockrich
Rockrich
448 posts

Jul 31, 2007, 15:36
Paulus wrote:
Me again!

goffik wrote:

I think at times the fella's his own worse enemy - and although I've not met him, the impression across the Net aint good. We'd clash pretty quickly as I'm rather intolerant of intolerant people (if y' get what I mean!). And, though I hear what you're saying about him, the way he responds at times is with an overtly supercilious attitude - much of which he appears to actually enjoy. Of course, there's nowt wrong with that, if that's what you wanna be - but it's gonna cause trouble and strife from some folk - me included! I deal with retorts in a wider manner, depending on their nature and substance. Of course, this doesn't necessarily abate things, but wider parameters obviously help.

goffik wrote:

Couldn't agree more. We sometimes find things getting stuck into one way of looking at reality (a very modern Western ego-centred perspective) which doesn't necessarily bode well as a means to explore things from the past.

Anyway, I'll shurrup for t' time being.

All the best - Paul

Paul, I've thought this about LS for some time:

http://www.bullyonline.org/workbully/npd.htm

I'll go back to being one who can't be arsed now.
Paulus
Paulus
769 posts

Jul 31, 2007, 15:44
Rockrich wrote:
Paul, I've thought this about LS for some time:

http://www.bullyonline.org/workbully/npd.htm

I'll go back to being one who can't be arsed now.

WOW!!! That's even a DSM-4 category! Awesome!
moss
moss
2897 posts

Getting back to the subject in hand - Silbury Hill
Jul 31, 2007, 16:27
I threw Paul Devereux's "The Long Trip" book at my hens last week for making too much noise - it did the trick perfectly Paul ;). Stirring with spoons is normally a female attribute, it seems that everyone is making judgements about people they have never met, it would be good to get back to the plight of Silbury Hill.
One thing I'd like to know do northern people care for their stones, its all to the good finding them but are you actually prepared to go out and fight for them? One could argue that shamans, folklore and all the weird and wonderful things that dance about the myths of stones is just scotch mist, but it is their physical presence , their groundedness in solid earth, their interlinking with earth and sky which gives them solidity and a right to exist.....
goffik
goffik
3926 posts

Re: Silbury updates
Jul 31, 2007, 17:11
Do we have any news today at all?

From anywhere?

Any news sites? EH? Other forums? Friends of friends?

The silence is deafening..!

G x
moss
moss
2897 posts

Re: Silbury updates
Jul 31, 2007, 17:38
Well there's always this Goff.......

http://www.westpress.co.uk/displayNode.jsp?nodeId=146278&command=displayContent&sourceNode=146274&contentPK=17948080&folderPk=75999&pNodeId=146265
Littlestone
Littlestone
5386 posts

Update 11
Jul 31, 2007, 17:39
Goff. Update 11 is now up at http://www.english-heritage.org.uk/server/show/nav.17511
Pages: 67 – [ Previous | 161 62 63 64 65 66 | Next ] This topic is locked

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index