Topic View: Flat | Threaded
goffik
goffik
3926 posts

Edited Jun 20, 2007, 14:10
Re: I'd take the Fifth....
Jun 20, 2007, 14:01
rammie wrote:
Of course, I'll just post everything I know and then my source can be identified......doh! [smacks self on forehead].

Hmm...

;o)

G x
nigelswift
8112 posts

Jun 20, 2007, 14:01
Fair enough, I fully appreciate your position. Anything you do feel you can mention will be very gratefully accepted though.

(Isn't it absolutely pathetic though that we are reliant on someone posting bits anonymously about a public monument being fixed at public expense under the direction of public servants?)
rammie
31 posts

Jun 20, 2007, 14:11
nigelswift wrote:
.....Isn't it absolutely pathetic though that we are reliant on someone posting bits anonymously about a public monument being fixed at public expense under the direction of public servants?

How true. All I can say is there's a 'situation' (that I imagine is still on-going) that 'affects' the archaeological work being done at Silbury. What EH will do about it and how long it will take them I don't know. I'm not even sure how much they'll comment on it.......
Littlestone
Littlestone
5386 posts

Jun 20, 2007, 14:18
Nigel reflects my own feelings when he says, "Fair enough, I fully appreciate your position. Anything you do feel you can mention will be very gratefully accepted though."

We do understand If you are unable to share info publicly, especially if that info might drop you in hot water. If you would like to email one of us privately, however, anything you do tell us will be kept confidential and certainly not publicised without your consent. My own email address can be found by clicking on my avatar and scrolling down.
goffik
goffik
3926 posts

Jun 20, 2007, 14:25
Apologies for my earlier tone, rammie - t'was meant in a light-hearted manner...

G x
rammie
31 posts

Jun 20, 2007, 14:26
I'll consider it. Its pretty crazy though, the cloak & dagger stuff makes everything sound like the end of the world's coming and its not (I hope. Lol!).

I'd hoped ascorbic or PeteG might have had a take on it......
ocifant
ocifant
1758 posts

Jun 20, 2007, 14:41
Ah, that's our Goff. Why wear slippers when size 12 hobnails'll do? :-))

You'll get used to him rammie, if you've not been around here long.

We love him really, though not many would admit it!
Pete G
Pete G
3506 posts

Jun 20, 2007, 15:23
rammie wrote:
I'll consider it.

I wouldn't...
goffik
goffik
3926 posts

Jun 20, 2007, 15:48
ocifant wrote:
Ah, that's our Goff. Why wear slippers when size 12 hobnails'll do? :-))

You'll get used to him rammie, if you've not been around here long.

We love him really, though not many would admit it!

Oi! ;o)

Actually - they are size 12's as well... And you know what they say about men with big feet? Yep - they find it difficult to buy a decent pair of shoes.

G x
tomwatts
376 posts

Re: Silbury updates
Jun 20, 2007, 17:14
Hasn't it been intimated that there may be the remains of a missing woman inside. In which case the forensics bods will be in charge.
Pages: 67 – [ Previous | 121 22 23 24 25 26 | Next ] This topic is locked

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index