The Modern Antiquarian Forum »
Thank Christ For The Bomb

4 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Annexus Quam
926 posts

benevolent, sexy and slightly terrifying
Sep 06, 2001, 20:55
and a perfect description of the goddess/mother earth you come up with there, my morfman
strange that both dreams are related for you... cos they have historically no connection whatever, BUT the whole point of my latest riddle is - BOTH the paleolithics (including basques and other aboriginal proto-europeans) and the neolithics AND the later historical ancient peoples recorded by the romans (for instance the ones you mention, Iberians and Sumerians) had a Big Fat Mother for a goddess. There's continuity and inherent human mind spirituality for ya! The Mother and Life are nothing but one in all pre-christian cultures, and a myriad of natural spirits/forces, and then of course there's man, but only then.
Your riddle remains unanswered - but why should you look for an answer to it? It stands on its own as a powerful Dream which would guide me full-on and beautiful ! Before I sound like a pathetic agony aunt, I will add I don't give a toss what the relationship is but I had similar dreams of an Iberian goddess statue my mom kept in the house, the famous one full of gorgeous decoration, found in Elche, and, as we know, the Mediterranean possesses a certain 'global village' character so it is full of Eastern influences, that might be your Goddess connection.

Now, Goddesses in historical peoples...? Did the Celts have one?

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index