Register
The Modern Antiquarian Forum »
Thank Christ For The Bomb

Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Annexus Quam
926 posts

Thank Christ For The Bomb
Sep 04, 2001, 21:06
Hi Jellyfish, here's some info about the Canary Islands in general.

Back in the XVth century AD, the word ‘extermination’ was hurriedly replaced by ‘colonisation’ and ‘civilisation’ in the minds of the early modern Christian invaders of the islands. On arriving there, a ‘very civilised and polite’ (according to some visitors) group of guanches welcomed the Spanish, who in their Western mindfuck religious narrow mentalscapes labelled them ‘savages’ because they were naked and did not believe in the god they had constantly fought for against the Muslims. The fact that ‘civilised’ Europeans who massacred whole communities of North American Indians (and called these bloody incursions into native territory ‘American wars’ or some such crap), or who enslaved whole nations in Peru (and called it the ‘spread of christianity’) have always been considered ‘civilised’, is one of the big hypocrisies of human history. Time will show how ignorant and backward post-megalithic Europe later became. Once placed outside this maelstrom of gross stupidity, one can better understand the incredible pre-christian civilisation of the Canaries, which have stood alone on the fringes of Western Civilisation. Visited by Phoenicians, Carthaginians and other Mediterranean empires of the time, the main bulk of the early population seems to conform to the Cromagnon type of Homo Sapiens, and are called the guanches. These were later on accompanied by further Mediterranean and Celtic populations, as already noted. As with all things ‘racial’, we shouldn’t be deluded and think we know the answer whenever a ‘nation’ is concerned. Even then, during the Prehistoric World, an ethnic group was already almost as mongrel as any ethnic group can be today. Only dumbwits attempt to see uniformity in social / human conglomerates. But what is true is that in some regions of the world, the early-human Cromagnon type remained more ‘untouched’ by later invasions, as is the case with the basques in modern France/Spain, the berbers of the Atlas Mountains or more remote areas of the Atlantic seaboard like Western France and Western Iberia (including Portugal), the pre-Celtic west of Ireland, the Scottish Highlands or the Welsh mountains, understandable when one thinks that mountains isolate MUCH more than islands themselves, which are much more appetizing and accessible. I have only recently become aware of this fact and it has been of tremendous importance in attempting to enter the ancient shepherd megalithic civilisations of the Basqueland. Even the Romans were never too interested.

To go back to the Canaries, there seem to be around a thousand necropolis all over the islands, but due to their constant, volcanic nature, perched on the outskirts of Western Africa as they are, most possible megalithic remains have been wiped out. It seems that, however, these consisted of caverns, which abound, one of which, the Grotte of Belmaco, in La Palma, still survives (perhaps, though the references are rather outdated). What is amazing is the spirals, waves and snake motives similar to those in Ireland, NW Spain or Gavrinis. To sum up, the early guanches are admitted to have lived in the islands from megalithic times (IIIrd millennium BCE, which is the date of the Petroglyphs of Belmaco). As I will note in another post, place names and other early terms (like Ur, Koeur and Hoeur, as is remarked in the Modern Antiquarian) betray a pre-Indoeuropean origin all over Europe, which later languages STILL kept ! Megalithic wisdom has lived on, in spite of Christianity, Rationalism and ignorant oil-drenched prats like Dubyarse.
morfe
morfe
2992 posts

Re: Thank Christ For The Bomb
Sep 05, 2001, 00:04
He's back!

Riddle me this, I had two dreams in my late teens, both completely alien to my spotty un-educated cock-a-leaky/self-conscious rock baby teen-ie tiny brain.

Dream the first: I saw a beautiful sculpted face of a woman, I drew her, she was called (in my dream) the Queen of All Iberia), long necked, louche and cat-eyed.

Dream the second: I was flying down from about 30 ft into a sunlit oak grove, there was a wooden board/sign fixed to the trunk of an oak. It was garishly painted on natural wood, like a fairground sign in romany lettering, it said one word .."Ishtar".??
I know now that she is a Babylonian goddess yet I didn't know that at the time, I'm 100% sure of that, never even heard the word.

Are these linked? They both ahd the same ambience, I'm sure you know the feeling, benevolent, sexy and just a little terrifying.

Well met sirrah, glad the mighty fuck-glomerate arse of the Atlantic was still bashing the Cap! (It was near deserted on my visit!)

*be*
Annexus Quam
926 posts

benevolent, sexy and slightly terrifying
Sep 06, 2001, 20:55
and a perfect description of the goddess/mother earth you come up with there, my morfman
strange that both dreams are related for you... cos they have historically no connection whatever, BUT the whole point of my latest riddle is - BOTH the paleolithics (including basques and other aboriginal proto-europeans) and the neolithics AND the later historical ancient peoples recorded by the romans (for instance the ones you mention, Iberians and Sumerians) had a Big Fat Mother for a goddess. There's continuity and inherent human mind spirituality for ya! The Mother and Life are nothing but one in all pre-christian cultures, and a myriad of natural spirits/forces, and then of course there's man, but only then.
Your riddle remains unanswered - but why should you look for an answer to it? It stands on its own as a powerful Dream which would guide me full-on and beautiful ! Before I sound like a pathetic agony aunt, I will add I don't give a toss what the relationship is but I had similar dreams of an Iberian goddess statue my mom kept in the house, the famous one full of gorgeous decoration, found in Elche, and, as we know, the Mediterranean possesses a certain 'global village' character so it is full of Eastern influences, that might be your Goddess connection.

Now, Goddesses in historical peoples...? Did the Celts have one?
morfe
morfe
2992 posts

Celtic Goddesses no doubt lived
Sep 07, 2001, 10:06
And they lived on in Condran, Eriu, Fotla and Banbu etc? Myth and history become so woven in the Celtic peoples that I for one cannot unravel such mysteries?

"Our mother ground
is sour with blood of her faithful, who lie gargling in her sacred heart…
Those who come to Ireland to 'report us fairly' must tell 'how we slaughter
for the common good,…how the goddess swallows our love and terror"

Heaney.

Thanks for the response AQ, and yes, those dreams did guide me onwards!
The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index