Silbaby -a plea.

Pages: 16 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Steve Gray
Steve Gray
931 posts

Re: More evidence?
Nov 24, 2004, 02:50
It's not too hard to create an alignment even if line of sight is not available. Get yourself up ontop of Waden with a nice straight stick. Find a point where Silbaby and WKLB are lined up and lay your stick on the ground pointing towards them. Go to the other end of the stick and look along it. Using hand signals, guide a distant observer left or right until he's in alignment with the stick and he'll then be in alignment with Silbaby and WKLB even though he can't see them.

You can also do it at night by using a star or the moon. Set up a beacon on top of Waden so that it's in line with Silbaby and WKLB. Wait for a suitable star to appear in the same alignment and then light the beacon. A distant observer can align himself with the star and the beacon. No EVD's aliens needed.
FourWinds
FourWinds
10943 posts

Nov 24, 2004, 07:27
Another way of doing it uses three sticks and one person.

Put two sticks in the ground 20m apart so that they line up with targets 1 & 2. Move away from them and place the third stick in the ground so that all three line up. Remove the first and put it in the ground past the third one so that all three line up so that you are moving towards the target that is out of view. Keep doing this until the final target is in sight. If the sticks line up with it then there is an alignment.
Steve Gray
Steve Gray
931 posts

Nov 24, 2004, 08:33
Yes, that works too, though there is the possibility of a cummulative build up of error occuring if the method is repeated many times. That's why I chose methods that accomplish the alignment with only two sightings.
nigelswift
8112 posts

Nov 24, 2004, 08:35
Apart from l*y lines, or the involvement of ETs, I can only think of one reason why anyone would want to create a "hidden" alignment, and that's to produce a straight trackway between monuments.

Or maybe hidden alignments just grew up naturally - local people would get to know the shortest route over a hill from A to B, and when C came to be built they stuck it on that well-worn track. A sort of motorway service station effect.
Kammer
Kammer
3083 posts

Re: Silbaby - a suggestion.
Nov 24, 2004, 10:25
> How do I change the site name? Just do it?

I think so. You just go to 'Edit Details' and the site name should be there ready for editing.
nigelswift
8112 posts

Nov 24, 2004, 10:45
Cheers.
Moth
Moth
5236 posts

Nov 24, 2004, 10:51
As you're in 'editor-mode' Nigel, d'ya wanna pop back in and take the rogue apostrophe out of "which is ruining it's (possibly important) shape."

Sorry - can't help it, it's a disease I suffer from....

love

Moth
nigelswift
8112 posts

Nov 24, 2004, 11:50
No problem Moth.
Although an apostrophile I feel deep compassion for apostrophobics.
nigelswift
8112 posts

Nov 24, 2004, 11:51
Yes, I know the term should be apostrophobes.
I'm less sympathetic to nitpicking gits.
Steve Gray
Steve Gray
931 posts

Nov 24, 2004, 11:57
Yes, I'm afraid I caught it at grammar school along with a rather nasty case of mental arithmetic. The good news is that schools are now administering some very effective form of treatment at an early age and have got the problem under control to such an extent that many people these days regard it as a thing of the past. ;o)
Pages: 16 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index