This topic is locked

Pages: 19 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Jane
Jane
3024 posts

Re: A is for...
Nov 06, 2003, 21:23
yes but 'archaeo' is more 'big old rocks' than 'steam railway centres', ain't it?
Any road up, my biggest 'bigging up' was for the word 'prehistory'

Keeping out of it suddenly feels like a really attractive option!
Hob
Hob
4033 posts

Re: A Ha
Nov 06, 2003, 21:25
<Speeded up the damage>????

Sorry fella, I was off to stare at a rock, but now I'm all paranoid. I visited one of those sites.
AtomicMutton
AtomicMutton
104 posts

Nov 06, 2003, 21:28
Aries (Arr ee ays) sun sign is statistically significant in many parliamentary politicians. Archole, Heseltine, IDS, Kennedy, Benn (and so on). Libra sun sign has an affiliation with army officers (sadly I've no examples !) Sun sign ram is also symbolised by a baby - hence the air of innocence !
Earthstepper
Earthstepper
353 posts

Re: HA!
Nov 06, 2003, 21:29
I agree I agree I agree
Jane
Jane
3024 posts

Nov 06, 2003, 21:30
I'm Aries. And so's my bloke.

True.
Jane
Jane
3024 posts

Re: A Ha
Nov 06, 2003, 21:33
... which is exactly why we need Action for the Conservation of Ancient Sites so badly, FriedSheep!
Earthstepper
Earthstepper
353 posts

Nov 06, 2003, 21:41
Consensus yes, but with 165 posts on the previous topic and getting on for 100 on this one - do you ever think that a name will emerge that everyone likes?
Its just endless repetition now. Take a spin back and see - nothing new coming up at all - SOS, AHA etc etc Its all been said so many times.

"On a message board it takes a little longer" I'm an ancient ruin myself - I should live so long?
Jane
Jane
3024 posts

Nov 06, 2003, 22:00
so what do we do?
Earthstepper
Earthstepper
353 posts

Nov 06, 2003, 23:02
Find out who is going to make a commitment to do the work on this group:- legal, secretarial, fund raising, publicity etc etc Let their names come forward. Let there be 3 or 5 of them. Let them be the Executive. Let their first task be to choose a name. Let the rest of us agree that name whether we like it or not. Let us then go forth into the wilderness and save some sites.
Hob
Hob
4033 posts

Re: That sounds sensible.
Nov 06, 2003, 23:16
That is a *practical* solution.

Those who are willing to put their effort where their keyboards are are those who will have to go about saying:
"Hello, I represent <acronymofchoice>, could you...."

But now you've got a whole new decision to be made, so if the name of the org takes 200+ posts, how long will it take to decide who does what?

Goodnight,

Hob
Pages: 19 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ] This topic is locked

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index