Greetlings...

16 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Kid Calamity
9047 posts

Edited Mar 02, 2023, 12:04
Re: Greetlings...
Feb 28, 2023, 17:24
I think Lady Calamity and I had the Covid lurgy before it was fashionable. We got really ill, after a social weekend in London in February 2020, just before that virus was given a name and lockdown imposed. I therefore assumed, months later that my sudden stamina loss and horrible back pains were this new Long Covid we were starting to hear about.

Thankfully, my GP suspected something else and put me forward for tests with the cardiology dept at nearby Telford hospital. There was then about a year of visits for a variety of blood tests, x-rays, scans and ECGs. Finally, I was in for an angiogram. However, I was still convinced of my own diagnosis; Long Covid, even telling theatre staff my theory of getting ill after being crushed into Euston Station awaiting delayed and cancelled trains, caused by Storm Ciara. The cardiologist however confirmed chronic heart disease. Massively blocked arteries all round the heart, which somewhat stymied my cockiness.

I then had to wait and wait and wait for my multiple bypass. Covid was getting the blame for non availability of either suitable staff or high dependancy post op recovery facilities. Knowing one has badly blocked heart parts is a bit stressful. Knowing it for a flippin' year is... not very nice.

The Village Pump Index