The Village Pump »
Greetlings...

Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Kid Calamity
9047 posts

Greetlings...
Feb 20, 2023, 17:14
As some of you may have gathered, i have been in the wars a little over the last few years. The whole lockdown period was somewhat extended for us up at Castle Calamity, as I was awaiting urgent and potentially life-saving surgery. I kept swinging back here and other social media sites for reconnection with the outside world and distraction from what was really going on. I was also keeping myself occupied with my music making, even teaming up with our very own Earthling Fred, for a couple of his sonic adventures.

Anyway, I've been mended and am now picking up the pieces and realigning myself. Some of you might remember that I painted.Well, I've now rejoined the South Shropshire, Herefordshire and Welsh Borders artists group Abstract Edge - and will be collaborating on an exhibition, through this Spring!! It'll be at Ludlow Assembly Rooms, Shropshire from March 10th - through til May 6th. As the venue is mainly a theatre and cinema venue, its opening hours might need to be checked. It says 10am - 7.30pm on their website, though. And, it's because of their multitude of events our planned launch private view thingy will have to be at the absurd time of 11am - 1pm - hey ho. Anyway, that'll be on Saturday March 11th.

Fancy it?

https://ludlowassemblyrooms.co.uk/exhibitions/
Dog in fog
Dog in fog
317 posts

Re: Greetlings...
Feb 21, 2023, 15:04
Glad to hear it! All the best for your exhibition.
spencer
spencer
3071 posts

Feb 22, 2023, 00:56
Hope you’re mending well.. outside is best
spencer
spencer
3071 posts

Edited Feb 23, 2023, 00:47
Feb 23, 2023, 00:45
As a ‘music as medicine’ sorta prezzie, check out Tangerine Dream - Orange 1975 on YT: fierce beauty. Crank it up. Vibes >
Kid Calamity
9047 posts

Feb 23, 2023, 15:04
Thanks Spencer. Nice to see you too are dipping in here. I hope all's well in your world.
Kwoo
60 posts

Feb 24, 2023, 09:25
That's fab news. Congrats on the show and best of luck with it all
spencer
spencer
3071 posts

Edited Feb 28, 2023, 00:07
Feb 27, 2023, 23:47
Yup, thanks KC… now made it to pension but still doing the five day+ week, had The Lurg 4+ times but reasonably OK, going to gigs - Orbital next, Factory Records band ladyfriend, work/life balance right. Could be worse… : )
Kid Calamity
9047 posts

Edited Mar 02, 2023, 12:04
Feb 28, 2023, 17:24
I think Lady Calamity and I had the Covid lurgy before it was fashionable. We got really ill, after a social weekend in London in February 2020, just before that virus was given a name and lockdown imposed. I therefore assumed, months later that my sudden stamina loss and horrible back pains were this new Long Covid we were starting to hear about.

Thankfully, my GP suspected something else and put me forward for tests with the cardiology dept at nearby Telford hospital. There was then about a year of visits for a variety of blood tests, x-rays, scans and ECGs. Finally, I was in for an angiogram. However, I was still convinced of my own diagnosis; Long Covid, even telling theatre staff my theory of getting ill after being crushed into Euston Station awaiting delayed and cancelled trains, caused by Storm Ciara. The cardiologist however confirmed chronic heart disease. Massively blocked arteries all round the heart, which somewhat stymied my cockiness.

I then had to wait and wait and wait for my multiple bypass. Covid was getting the blame for non availability of either suitable staff or high dependancy post op recovery facilities. Knowing one has badly blocked heart parts is a bit stressful. Knowing it for a flippin' year is... not very nice.
spencer
spencer
3071 posts

Edited Mar 02, 2023, 10:01
Mar 02, 2023, 09:50
Hellfires KC, really hope you’re mending well now. I’m on quite a health regime now… had a warning. Cinnamon, turmeric, cloves, garlic, sauerkraut, Vit D3, Zinc, Magnesium etc every day, keeping well hydrated… a lot better for it, blood pressure back to perfect. Worth a crack if you gen up. All best
Kid Calamity
9047 posts

Edited Mar 02, 2023, 17:13
Mar 02, 2023, 12:12
Yes, all recovered, thanks. It was a quadruple bypass and knowing I was considered an 'urgent' case - and yet still being pushed back along their waiting list took some serious distraction to push outta my view.

Thankfully, my friend and bandmate Corky hit a rich seam, so Thought Bubble worked on lots of tracks. We actually released three albums in that period. And then, through a casual natter about stuff and things I also started working with Earthling Fred, from my home studio. It helped massively.

Yes, I was drumming despite awaiting major heart surgery. Part of me was thinking I was creating music for posthumous releases.

Within four months of my operation I was out playing hand percussion, at little festivals, with various bands. At Kozfest, I played with NINE acts.
Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Village Pump Index