Alan Watts

6 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Amil04
447 posts

Edited Jan 29, 2021, 21:21
Re: Alan Watts
Jan 29, 2021, 17:47
I’ll see if I can find any links that are short and concise. For now, I always understood it to be a grass roots spontaneous ‘flowering’ alas I see the root as planned social engineering..which might sound a bit odd. But why was the CIA both prominent in the production and supply hallucinogens? Turn on tune in drop out..hmm sounded good when I was twenty but now I see it’s as ‘go into your own little world we’ll feed you all sorts of pleasures just mind your own business and we’ll just carry on destroying humanity as we know it.

Pied piperesque.

Some excellent music came out of it it has to be said, arts writing etc...but did it change humanity fundamentally? No. No ideology will. Only a change of heart in every individual. That will fundamentally change the world. It has to come from inside out. Not imposed upon from the outside. We all have to ‘see’ the same thing..not choose if to see this or that but what is. And one can only do that if your not tied to a post like some animal, to some ideology or other. It’s moment by moment.

Anyway..haha..(in a throaty Alan Watts way)

Were was I

Books..

Top of my head ..

‘The wisdom of insecurity’

‘The taboo of knowing who you are’...for the young.

‘The Watercourse way’ draws from Taoism.

‘Beyond Theology’ an early one

It’s funny in this day and age to be able to see him in film speaking!

So for what ends was the sixties/seventies social engineering all about?

I mean they had them all thinking they were rebels but they’d fallen directly into the trap.

Gross over generalisation there..!

The Village Pump Index