The Village Pump »
It’s the WEEKEND!

Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Kid Calamity
9045 posts

Edited Apr 05, 2020, 17:36
It’s the WEEKEND!
Apr 03, 2020, 08:26
Well, what crazy adventures have we instore?

We should’ve been going to see Henge.
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Re: It’s the WEEKEND!
Apr 03, 2020, 10:30
It's all giddy thrills here! I've got tickets to see The Woman in Black at Malvern in May, but not sure whether it's still going ahead so started reading the book instead.
neighbourofthedrude
neighbourofthedrude
1555 posts

Apr 04, 2020, 09:30
Might stay in this weekend....
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7718 posts

Apr 04, 2020, 12:43
neighbourofthedrude wrote:
Might stay in this weekend....

As your neighbour once said - "You can't beat your brain for entertainment".
Kid Calamity
9045 posts

Apr 04, 2020, 13:27
Vybik Jon wrote:
"You can't beat your brain for entertainment".

That should be carved into the side of a hill, somewhere.
Pursued By Trees
Pursued By Trees
1135 posts

Apr 05, 2020, 08:59
This weekend I shall mostly be continuing to do my best to stay 2m away from customers and colleagues in the 2.5m-wide aisle of the supermarket where I work. Returning home after a day of this, it generally takes me 20 or 30 mins to wind-down and stop trying to keep 2m away from Sangelus and the cats. Bag of nerves lately, but lucky to still have a job at all I guess.
jb lamptoast-morsley
jb lamptoast-morsley
2447 posts

Apr 05, 2020, 16:57
I've been trying to watch films most nights which made me think of you. Last night was the 2nd viewing of Shutter Island which I got thoroughly immersed in. Also this week has been Knives out which I rented and V for Vendetta which was a revisit. Alan Moore has disassociated himself from it of course, but there is still plenty to recommend it.

Taken up cycling and been going out for half an hour or so several times a week.

My youview box has recently acquired a mysounds app which I have been using plenty. Don't know why TV radio appeals more than on my laptop, but there we go. I think it is visually appealing. Working my way through a backlog of Radio 4's start the week episodes.
Kid Calamity
9045 posts

Apr 05, 2020, 17:43
I've been catching up with a garden that had returned to it's jungle state. A lot of things had self-seeded and... well, they have actually had years to grow and establish themselves. I've been hacking stuff down. Sawing and clipping. I've still a long way to go. And, while I'm down that end, getting on top of things. It's all growing back down the other end!

The decision to live out here in the wilds of the Shropshire hills is proving a good thing. the downside is sometimes the isolation. This year the isolation is good. I means we can go for rambles without seeing a soul. Last week Calamity Kid 2 and me went for a five or six hours expedition.
supercat
supercat
4257 posts

Apr 09, 2020, 18:31
Huge hugs to you both and the cats from all of us. I was in our Lidl queue earlier getting food for our youngest and his family and I very nearly twatted a woman behind me as she pushed her trolley into my zone. Stay safe cariads. xx
The Village Pump Index