Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 18 November 2017 CE

31 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Monganaut
Monganaut
2373 posts

Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 18 November 2017 CE
Nov 21, 2017, 01:27
Like you I remember the time you had to put the time and effort in to get off ya arse to buy a record or tape. Most of my early purchases were courtesy or Peel's nightly shows. God! the shite I've bought over the years on the recommendation of a Music paper or magazine, or on the strength of hearing one track. I guess Bandcamp, Spotify, Youtube etc....help to make an informed choice these days. I still but a fair amount of music, I do like to support the artists whenever possible. I must admit, the hit rate for purchasing consistant good records is much better than 15 or 10 years ago. I think half my vinyl collection from years ago is stuff I've spun once or twice, then stuck it in the racks never to be heard again. Probably time I cleared that stuff out truth be told. Used to think I was pretty well 'up' and well informed about music, I've only gotta browse the Quietus or Pitchfork sites or delve into the Wire magazine and these days and 9 times out of 10 I have't a clue who they are talking about. Without the great HH recommendations, I'd have nowt new to tune into.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index