Soundtracks To Our Lives w/e 2/2/03

Pages: 5 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Severin
Severin
1770 posts

Warlocks
Feb 05, 2003, 20:20
Looking forward to hearing this (and stufffffs) sounds..as the kids say..."RRRRockkktasstic!!!"

'-)
Telepathine
371 posts

Re: Warlocks
Feb 05, 2003, 20:37
Yeah, it's pretty good. I guess you could say it was like a collision of Spacemen 3, Velvet Underground, J&MC and Dandy Warhols. It's definately more 'poppy' than a lot of the 'garage/psych' that i listen to, but a little more refreshing because of it, would be great if this kind of stuff clogged up the charts than the usual 'manufactured' fare. Looking forward to the gig, there's supposed to be 7 of them on stage (should be a sqeeeze at the little civic).
cHARLIE
cHARLIE
2607 posts

car aLarM...
Feb 05, 2003, 23:03
...thee gUITAR i uSED WAS A *vOx Mark VI

http://www.voxamps.co.uk/vintage/archive/guitars/guitars.htm

gOIng in a *Vox AC 30*...

http://www.barryrudolph.com/newtoys/toys/voxac30.html

and a Boss Phaze.

http://www.humbuckermusic.com/bossph3.html

8 )
FanKs!
CharLie*
Severin
Severin
1770 posts

Re: car aLarM...
Feb 05, 2003, 23:14
Noice!
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Re: Warlocks
Feb 05, 2003, 23:47
Got the CD today thanx muchly Teledude. V good (Hope you got me email?) I hear what you're hearing and also (inevitably I spose) the Stooges. Hope they are good for you live.
cHARLIE
cHARLIE
2607 posts

Re: car aLarM...
Feb 06, 2003, 10:44
...yea I spose?
Ineedmore*
Lord Lucan
Lord Lucan
2702 posts

more
Feb 06, 2003, 11:19
cAr aLArM is my fave off that CD too, as I know you already know, cHARLIE. It blows my head off, and I listened to it tripping a couple of weeks ago. Made my flatmate laugh a lot seeing me confused and wide-eyed going: "I've gotta hear cHARLIE*s music" as I rummaged for ages through piles of CDs to find it, occasionally forgetting what I was doing. Was well worth the hassle though. Get in the car! Just get in! Nice flutey sounds too.
cHARLIE
cHARLIE
2607 posts

Ian theee crustY flUtE GEEZA...
Feb 06, 2003, 12:10
....was this stinky Minger crusty geez with a stoned and *blownaway beyond belief* smile on his muSH ....I use to score me bob Hope oFf oF him in those happyer days.(sigh)

Any ways he showed up at thee studio the day that
*car alarm*
...WAS BEING RECORded in a studio above a pinball machine shop under a moterway!

anyhows...
...He heard the playback of the song and asked if he could play some FlUtE on it ? A stoned silence fell on us then I sheepishly said yes fearing it would sound too hippyish! By this time we were smoking bongs using a blow torch and some plastic guttering! *stoned eeeeemacUlater!!!* we called it which I have used as a recent song title. ;)

He did it in one take and had never heard the song ever *Ian* was a kewl dood really. Last I heard he was shacked up in a lorry suRrOUNDED by his kids living thee gypsey life style . He ended up selling his flute fer drugs and food. A Public school boy with a 1st degree in computing who was and is a fantastic flutist and bass player who read music like u read normal text. If I had half the talent he had I would be rich!
What a waist!

Theres thee tale of *Ian thee floot playing crusty*..ma lard for ever recorded here in cyber spaced!

lol!!!
Got this image of you recking yer pad manicly tripping... (whOoOSH)... jUST TO find my silly UnsuNg~cd... to hear a silly Unsung~ song about bristolian car thieves on crack. 8 )
Life is very strange! And rewarding sometimes!
YarLian*
Lord Lucan
Lord Lucan
2702 posts

Re: Ian theee crustY flUtE GEEZA...
Feb 06, 2003, 12:48
The image is 100% accurate, cHARLie! Thanks for sharing the lil story of your flautist with us too. It adds another dimension to the song for me knowing that. He's a very talented guy if he can do that without so much as a dry run through.
cHARLIE
cHARLIE
2607 posts

An Uncaring void of no ting *(
Feb 06, 2003, 13:04
deepsigh 8 (

And Now he is being sucked into an uncaring world that floats and expands in unknown directions in an unimaginable playground void we call thee *Universe*.... sitting with his kiddies in a truck in a gypsey camp skinT... vwot a vaist zeE boY had talent alrite but no one gave a shit!
Bettergetonwithmedaythen*
Pages: 5 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index