Jehovahkill...?

Pages: 3 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
moey
moey
770 posts

Good answer, but not quite right.
Jan 31, 2003, 08:47
LUV was released before the "Barbie" boxes. so the budget can't have dried up.

LUV was also a coloured vinyl, whereas the other two are Pic Discs.

You're right about the reason for it not appearing in the discography, it was, as you say a US release. I got it partly because I'm a sad collector and partly because the Pic Discs aren't exactly "HIFI"

The other strange thng about the LUV 12" is that it is quite often referred to as "sleeveless" or plain sleeved, but there were a couple of different verions. Both contain the same big Pink 12"er (oo-er)

One was a clear plastic sleeve with a clear "Julian Cope" sticker on it and a barcode sticker on the back.

The other was a White and Pink sleeve. The Pink being a 12" circle with big fancy "Peggy Suicide" writing and the track details, turn over the sleeve and you have the same, but with the B side details. This version also has the clear Julian Cope Sticker.

Bit strange, don't know why they did that.

Oh and that Dancing Heads Track Listing in Full.....

Head (Remix) (3.34)
Head (Long Meg & Her Daughters Mix) (6.07)
Love (L.U.V.) (Beautiful Love Remix) (6.51)
Easty Risin' (East Easy Rider Remix) (8.18)

Moey - totally anal today. And Chuffed to bits cos I just remembered, Julian signed mine!
Heath
34 posts

Re: Dancing Heads version of "Head"
Jan 31, 2003, 12:40
The funny thing is earlier this week I took all my Julian Cope Singles and made Mp3's for my Ipod of all the B-sides because those are the tracks I'm least familiar with. It came to 41 Tracks! (I didn't bother with the ones on 'The Followers of..' or '24a Velocity Crescent' seeing as thats one of the only ones I'm missing.

Heath
The Seth Man
1242 posts

Sleeveless
Jan 31, 2003, 12:41
Ta for the info

Apologies for being sleeveless and slightly slack--you're so right Moey: it does indeed have a sleeve (however clear and kinda non-existent it looks from a distance!)

I never knew the release order, as I bought them as they became available on import -- the blue box surfaced first, then the yellow one and finally the pink 12" -- so I assumed there was an intention to have them follow the same format
Howden
Howden
216 posts

Jan 31, 2003, 13:10
And I stuck together a compilation of the Echo b-sides for our West Coast Latin American Gaye Advert hair-copying Pete Burns loving cyber buddy.
Pretty good it sounded too!
Nukleopatra
Nukleopatra
186 posts

Jan 31, 2003, 13:14
Yay!

Thank you. Can't wait.

xxoo
'patra
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7720 posts

Jan 31, 2003, 13:59
These are still available for download from this very site. Go to the rainbow beams above and click on W.Y.S.M. - All Ugly Radio. Pick MP3s.
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

Jan 31, 2003, 14:12
"W.Y.S.M"? Tsk-tsk.
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7720 posts

Jan 31, 2003, 14:24
Sorry teacher. Lines?
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

Jan 31, 2003, 14:27
Woo-hoo! Chop one for me!
Glam Descendant
1539 posts

24aVC/Pussyface
Jan 31, 2003, 16:52
If you have FG2, then you have "24a Velocity Crescent" -- it's the same version that was on the single. But that means you must not have the "Pussyface" remix! Essential!
Pages: 3 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index